Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Baron Von Crashoven
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking for some help I'm putting USD on my bandit and want to no if a bandit 1200 stem is same size and lenth as the bandit 600 because I think the b6 stem is welded in place but the b12 isint so I can use it in the custom billit yokes that came with the gsxr1100 front end thanks for any help

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would say no they are not the same as looking through my haynes manual, the 12 has a greater free spring length suggesting the forks on the 12 are longer than the 6, it doesn't mention any difference on the bottom yoke that I could see either so not sure that the 1200 stem isn't welded either, buuut, if I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will be along shortly to set me straight!

·
Piston broke
519 Posts
Thats just the forks. B12 stem is the same mate,I have one here if you want any measurements to make double double sure,but I know blokes who've fitted whole 12 front ends on their 6.

·
Baron Von Crashoven
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for help the forks are from A 1990 gsxr1100 a think but the yokes are custom made billit ones a thought bout grinding weld of but was worried about fucking up the stem would prefer just to get one I could push out

·
Piston broke
519 Posts
You can have this one for £20 plus a bit o' post mate. Bit of a nick where someones removed the bottom bearing with a grinder,but all sound and out of the yoke already.

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Thanks for help the forks are from A 1990 gsxr1100 a think but the yokes are custom made billit ones a thought bout grinding weld of but was worried about fucking up the stem would prefer just to get one I could push out
Should fit no problem. I used the 91 1100 tubes w matching yokes. Check my build.

·
escape from prison planet
2,296 Posts
Some bandit 6 stems are different, slightly smaller where it presses into the lower triple. Ask me how I know. But MOST are the same as 12s. I have a 12 stem pressed into a Busa lower and mounted on my 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Baron Von Crashoven
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That be great reaver if it's not to much hassle I have a PayPal account but never used it for anything apart from eBay so not really sure how to send money u might have to talk me through it

·
Piston broke
519 Posts
That be great reaver if it's not to much hassle I have a PayPal account but never used it for anything apart from eBay so not really sure how to send money u might have to talk me through it
No worries mate,I'll send you a PM. :thumbsup:

·
609 Posts
If you're doing a USD swap than a 1200 stem is the easiest option. I pressed a 1200 stem into a 93 GSXR 750 lower triple for my 600. The 1200 stem dimensions are identical and use the same bearings.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts