Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im a noob to this site and pretty new to customising bikes and i have a suzuki bandit 600 1998 (pretty standerd). Im wundering if there any websites where i can get a custom tail? Any suggestions of ones that are an easy fit would be helpfull, i have not a clue how to chop the frame and so on so plz bare that in mind lol, i seen the very short tails that are pretty high up were the reg plate is basicaly flat on the plastic because the tail is so vertical lol how would i go about getting,chopping and fitting all this and the sub frame or is there ready made subs i can just bolt on ? Any help would be great as the vids on youtube basically are slideshows of them cuting then the new sub frame is magicaly there in there hand lol thanks mark!

·
The friendly Ghost.
13,174 Posts
You're subframe is currently welded and to modify it for that style of tail, you need to be able to weld or pay for someone to weld it for you.

That tail style is popular for the german street fighters and with a bit of searching on here, you can find other examples.

Here is where one can buy some of the tails, I advise going through ebay and looking for something cheaper or making your own.
http://www.streetfightersinc.com/Tails-Seats.htm

The subframe will have to be shortened quite a bit and the brace bar cut and welded at a steeper angle to match the shorter subframe. (This is the easiest way to do it.)

Another thing about the shorter tails that point to the sky is getting everything that was under the roomy stock seat hidden somewhere else.

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
there's plenty of room under that tail to get it in.
When you cut your subframe off you'll need to fill the hole in where the bottom of the subframe mounts. Then pick your tail then get the sub to match up. You will also need a brace in the front to mount the tank to ..

·
Registered
466 Posts
Hi im a noob to this site and pretty new to customising bikes and i have a suzuki bandit 600 1998 (pretty standerd). Im wundering if there any websites where i can get a custom tail? Any suggestions of ones that are an easy fit would be helpfull, i have not a clue how to chop the frame and so on so plz bare that in mind lol, i seen the very short tails that are pretty high up were the reg plate is basicaly flat on the plastic because the tail is so vertical lol how would i go about getting,chopping and fitting all this and the sub frame or is there ready made subs i can just bolt on ? Any help would be great as the vids on youtube basically are slideshows of them cuting then the new sub frame is magicaly there in there hand lol thanks mark!
You remind me of myself. Forget all the " i want it done easy. " ... its going to look best and the way you like it if you customize the tail by chopping the old one off. Trust me... just educate yourself and craigslist somebody that can come weld a few lugs for you.

check out my build in my sig... the first few pages will help you significantly with your bandit.

HOWEVER: the easiest route for a new custom tail... would be buying a compete tail (that's tail failings AND subframe) from a bike... lets say 2008 R6..... take that subframe and just bolt it onto your bike (after you chopped the tail, and welded a lug with a hole drilled into it- to make the new subframe you are installing)

the one in the picture looks like you'd have to fabricate and bend /weld new pieces of metal in a shape that can hold that plastic tail AND worry about holding your battery and wires....seems like more work... deff not as easy as a chopping the tail and welding lugs.. then replacing wit with your favorite stock tail

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys great help! I think im gna try looking at a whole tail and sub off another bike,because i realy dont have a clue how to make my own sub and stuff haha it sounds alot easier putting another whole one straight on haha thanks

·
Registered
466 Posts
Thanks guys great help! I think im gna try looking at a whole tail and sub off another bike,because i realy dont have a clue how to make my own sub and stuff haha it sounds alot easier putting another whole one straight on haha thanks
its not going to just be installed, "straight"

you will end up sawing off something and welding SOMETHING.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts