Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took bandit for MOT the other day and it passed...all ran perfect...got it home and left it for a week. gone to ride it today and spun back wheel on centre stand and it made a horrific knocking noise!

didnt have time to check as had to be somewhere so pushed it back into garage and took the car

will investigate tomorrow. gives me a chance to fit my new -1 front sprocket to aid wheelies too!

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,993 Posts
I had a similar thing going on with my first gen FZ1. Turned out the front sprocket had broken a tooth and the chain was jumping and slapping the swingarm

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
had a play around today and cant see any broken teeth on either sprocket. the noise seems to be the chain jolting at certain points (possibly tight spot)

i got a free -1 front sprocket off a mate last night and already have a chain lying around from a mates bike who never used it so bought a chain riveter, 32mm socket (cant believe i didnt have one) and a standard rear sprocket and will fit and see how I get on...fingers crossed that sorts it and i can get out and test the -1 front for wheelie capabilities

1 - 3 of 3 Posts