Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. have a bandit 12 problem. My clutch is starting to grab early. Just barely even disengages. So I took the (sprocket) cover off. The piston looks like it's wanting to stay out. The pushrod doesn't seem to be pushing back out of the bike like it should. The piston has even pushed that little tin guard out. There's slight chain marks on it.

When I let the clutch out it locks at halfway as if something is simply bad with the hydraulics but that doesn't seem to be the case with the piston hyper extending like it is. The rod seems to be going too far and not returning. This happened somewhat suddenly in a ride. No signs of it prior. Sorry Ive never had to maintain the clutch on anything before aside from hydraulics. Anybody have an idea of what it likely needs inside there? So I can have the thing before I get started.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I would try bleeding the clutch. Mine was doing something similar and was remedied by replacing the master. But bleeding helped in the short term

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nah I dont think it's hydraulic issue. the piston is coming out way too far but the clutch is still engaging when I let it out. The rod is literallly sinking in to the bike too much and barely spreading the plates.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts