Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all im new here, ive got a cbr929 streetfighter and ive just got hold of a bandit 600 (cheap as chips) with a old gsxr750 oil burner engine and carb/airbox, gsxr750 forks, and is rough as a badger ar#e to put it bluntly. so ive decided now ive got it running okay, to strip it down, put new gaskets all round in the old lump of a engine as its leaking here and there. take the frame to a friend to get the subframe hacked off and some mounts welded on for a 02-r6 back end ive got layed in the garage somewhere. painted and powder coated and also looking at changing the swingarm and shocker rear wheel etc too. i went and bought a gsxr750 k1-k4 rear shock which i realised after a temper tantrum is too long, so need advice as what shock would fit? and ive read that bandit 1200 swingers fit in and the brace cut off a r1 swinger and welded on has been done, does the r1 wheel fit a bandit 12 swinger? as ive found a 01-02 r1 swingarm wheel disc sprocket and spindles for £60 just around the corner from me. any advice greatly appreciated before i rush into anything (which i tend to do alot ha) cheers

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
I know for a fact that 03-06 cbr600rr shocks fit as I just installed one on my gen 1 b6. The only thing you have to do is cut the battery box down so the reservoir can fit.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sweet cheers pal, thats something else on the shopping list then, thats if it will fit with whatever swingarm i decide to chuck in (probably the bandit 1200) should imagine it will do:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts