Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

just wanted to gather some info on what modifications are fairly easy to do and what modifications can be done to a bandit 600, such as can I fit a 1200 swingarm to enable a wider rear tyre? LED/HID Headlight? etc.

Cheers

Mitch

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers mate yeh I would do the 1200 swap but my insurance for a 600 is £837 as it is haha :)

G

·
Heres the easy stuff for you to be getting on with :party-smiley:

!200 swingarm complete is a straight swap
1200 wheel in your 600 arm is a straight swap
Any oil cooled engine is pretty much a straight swap only needing a mount drilling out for some engines
1200 front end complete goes in with a mod to the steering stops giving you a better set of brakes
gsxr usd forks from the early 90's go in with a stem swap
You can take your engine out to 750 by swapping the top end with one from a short stroke 750F (teapot)
Most of the early 90's (oil cooled) gsxr downpipes will go on at the head but you may have to swap sumps for clearance, if you do this you need the matching oil pickup for the sump
Someone (maybe banditmainia) does a one piece single seat unit that bolts straight on

Hows that for a start? :):)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's good to start, cheers man what's the benefits of having a 1200 front end, swingarm and gixeer forks, and the likes of stuff like that?

cheers

Mitch

G

·
To be truthful the real benifit of the front end swap is far better brakes (4pots) that dont tend to sieze up & give better feel if you do this you really need the rear wheel in as well or you have a mis-match of tyre sizes the rest apart from bigger engines is just looks & personal taste

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On a bandit part website they've got 6 pot front calipers but they're like £200!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts