Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bandit 600 with a stock chain and sprocket. The bike is so heavy it's hard to pull wheelies. What can i do?

If i changed the teeth on the sprocket would wheelies be easier?

What should i change it to?

I'm willing to sacrifice a little top end in order to do wheelies easier. Any suggestions??????

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've also heard that dropping the front sprocket down from 15 to 14 with help. Which is better or do they both have the same effect?

·
Fucking Newb...Oh wait
7,631 Posts
Nah, JK man. If a 250 can get up on one, than that 600 sure as fuck can. It won't be a damn highway all star, but you can ride one down low just fine...

·
Ridin' Dirty
6,773 Posts

·
Change or Die
991 Posts
The base formula is one tooth on front equals 3 teeth on back. Enlarging the rear sprocket is less wear on the chain when compared to decreasing the front sprocket size. Bandit 600's need a good tug on the bars but they will stand up. Yut ughhhh!

·
GURU
8,827 Posts
I have a bandit 600 with a stock chain and sprocket. The bike is so heavy it's hard to pull wheelies. What can i do?

If i changed the teeth on the sprocket would wheelies be easier?

What should i change it to?

I'm willing to sacrifice a little top end in order to do wheelies easier. Any suggestions??????
Learn to wheelie the bike without altering the gearing. It will wheelie fine, your just doing it wrong:)

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
Learn to wheelie the bike without altering the gearing. It will wheelie fine, your just doing it wrong:)

+ 1 ^^^ That would have been my answer !!

Reactions: Pariah

·
GURU
8,827 Posts
That's kinda what I said but in a nicer way:D
Wasnt trying to be mean about it:)

Seriously though almost every bike will and can be wheelied. Sure bigger rear sprockets make things easier but if you cant wheelie now, you wont be any better with taller sprockets, it will just be easier to loop the bike.

ive ridden a bandit 600, it will clutch up in 1st no problem. 2nd maybe even 3rd if you bounce the front end.

·
Kilted Rider
486 Posts
Seriously though almost every bike will and can be wheelied.
My VStar never wheelied...we'll just exclude cruisers from the statement:LolLolLolLol:

·
GixxaBandit12
328 Posts
First remove the large nut holding the sprocket on with an impact wrench, pull the sprocket straight off. Apply lock tite to the nut, and re install the sprocket onto a 1200cc engine, re install sprocket into bike, by replacing old sprocket holder (600cc engine) Enjoy!

·
Stupid motherfucker
6,826 Posts
First remove the large nut holding the sprocket on with an impact wrench, pull the sprocket straight off. Apply lock tite to the nut, and re install the sprocket onto a 1200cc engine, re install sprocket into bike, by replacing old sprocket holder (600cc engine) Enjoy!
Well said that man. It's a proven fact, B6 owners have a hard time getting it up.

·
Ridin' Dirty
6,773 Posts
My VStar never wheelied...we'll just exclude cruisers from the statement:LolLolLolLol:
I've seen someone wheelie a cruiser before. THere's tons of youtube video's too.

·
jamal avatar #1
3,443 Posts
Well said that man. It's a proven fact, B6 owners have a hard time getting it up.
owned one, this is true. you cannot power wheelie unless your on the backpegs, and know what your doing. however, when you clutch up it goes up. still, it feels very heavy and with the lack of power, well.................

all and all, i dont think the design of the bandit was made to leave the ground.

dont even try to stoppie it with the stock setup.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts