Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Fucking Newb...Oh wait
7,631 Posts
Not to be that guy, but if you can wheelie a goldwing, roadking, or 250 anything can be wheelied. The "Your doing it wrong" statement is probably the closest to the truth... Just get out and give it a go. Bring it to South Carolina and I'll scrape the tail. I'm sure Shift, Spyder, and a few of other guys on here will tell you the same thing. Sprockets don't make wheelies, they make wheelies easier. Learn to wheelie, then learn to wheelie with a sprocket.

Or just buy a fitty and be done with it...

·
Change or Die
991 Posts
Stock Bandit 12's wheelie very easily. I think the 25 lb counterweight posing as a subframe aided in keep the front end light. B6's can be powered up in first, accelerate/deaccelerate then Yutughhhhhh!!!!!!
I've heard of this guy on craig's list that will teach you for $50/hr.

·
Change or Die
991 Posts
I helped pickup an 1800 gold wing - those fuckers are HEAVY.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
okay, i still have some to learn but i can pull it up in 1 and 2. The main thing is i just wanted to be able to do it easily. that is why i was asking about the sprockets. But hey thanks for the info and for telling it like it is......

·
Kilted Rider
486 Posts
I helped pickup an 1800 gold wing - those fuckers are HEAVY.
I helped pick up plenty of those when we did the frame recall. They are heavy. after a few we just got lazy and used some straps and a forklift.

·
GURU
8,827 Posts
okay, i still have some to learn but i can pull it up in 1 and 2. The main thing is i just wanted to be able to do it easily. that is why i was asking about the sprockets. But hey thanks for the info and for telling it like it is......

just think of sprockets as moving your powerband around. For instance if you wheelie at 4k rpms in 1st gear at say 25mph and you add teeth to the rear or drop in the front you would be at 4k in 1st gear at 15-20mph and so on.

-1 up front is roughly +3 rear in most cases. I cant say this for sure but my guess would be +3rear -1 front would be close to making 2nd gear very close to the stock 1st gear. If you are certain you want to do a gearing change start with the front sprocket -1. steel ones are $15-$20 and you dont have to change your chain length.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts