Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting a new shape SV tail on my old shape Bandit. I'm pretty confident I know what I'll need to add to make it fit, but I'm sure many people have done the same or similar so I'm really after pics of Bandits with this mod.

Cheers guys.

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
i have one of both and have parked them side by side and the tail does flow with the curve of the tank and that damned drop down of the tank.

·
GURU
1,858 Posts
Spider has a SV tail on his bike. He doesn't have a Bandit, but it still looks good.

Neasden, here's a pic of an SV tail on some bike. I don;t know what it is though

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
enrico vespa said:
Spider has a SV tail on his bike. He doesn't have a Bandit, but it still looks good.

Neasden, here's a pic of an SV tail on some bike. I don;t know what it is though

:blbl:

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Man you've got some awesome scenery Enrico.

The SV tails are nice and the Bandits badly fucking need a nice tail. Do it, show us pics.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh, it will be done. Very soon. Just got to get some big stuff at work out of the way, and it'll be on. Should be less than two weeks.

I'd still like some pics if anyone has some, because the spacing on the mount points of the SV's tail is way different to the Bandit's.

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
Custom mount points.....or try to make the tail fit the stock subframe.

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
if you look at mine the bottom curve of the frame is ground off but there was the lower strut of the stock subframe, its really low so youd have to bend it in a real short s to use the stock frame. id personally like to see you do it cus i thought about doing it before. ithe bandit frame is steel so welding up a new subframe would be very easy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm definitely using the SV subframe. That way aftermarket stuff fits it, etc. I'm thinking about using the lower 'prongs' from the Bandit's frame as mount points, and just mating the top to the frame.

I guess I won't know until I take the Bandit tail off.

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
i love the way that sv tail flows with the lower angle of the tank. looks good on that. lol those slabby frames are so tiny. and the swinger is aces

·
Naked from the waste down
1,334 Posts
Neasden said:
I'm definitely using the SV subframe.
Smart man. Make tabs one your frame to bolt up a SV Subframe.

A slightly modified SV subframe is a lot eaiser to remake or repair then custom making/fitting a bandit subframe to a tail in the event of a wreck.

The only time it's reasonable to make a subframe for a tail is when you have a tail that no subframe is made for. Like mine. lol It sucks but it wasn't bad to make.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tommy Pantsdown said:
Smart man. Make tabs one your frame to bolt up a SV Subframe.

A slightly modified SV subframe is a lot eaiser to remake or repair then custom making/fitting a bandit subframe to a tail in the event of a wreck.

The only time it's reasonable to make a subframe for a tail is when you have a tail that no subframe is made for. Like mine. lol It sucks but it wasn't bad to make.
Thanks. That's what I thought - the bike's my sole transport. At 18, I can't really afford to get another vehicle so I've got to do this quickly and properly.

My Dad can weld it for me, but I don't know how much faith he puts in his welds. Can I bolt tabs to the frame instead if I use high tensile bolts? My mechanic has done that to one of his bikes, but only on the bottom.

Oh, and nice bike, btw. ;)

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
First see how close the SV subframe fits. Might be able to get away with small adapter pieces and some bolts.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Found that the local garage will weld it quite cheaply for me. I just need to get some metal to make tabs and it'll be done soon. What kind would be ideal? The Bandit's frame is steel.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts