Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing fancy. Ill let you get as creative as you but they are rental fat bars and I cannot find any anywhere. Please give me an idea on price and what you are going to make them look like. Im in 96744 but currently out of country.

·
Is my bike ok?
15,036 Posts
this is not a true statement.
Renthal Fat Bars (all fat bars actually) are an odd size because of the aluminum double wall.
No....they are 7/8'' bars actually. 7/8'' O.D. That's why they use 7/8 controls,switchgear,throttle tubes...etc.

But they are,in fact, pretty thick regarding wall thickness. Which,I agree, will reduce the I.D. of the bar.

Use some discretion while shopping and you'll be OK. Some bar ends (mirrors or not) come with two different sizes of inserts to cure what you're talking about. Some just have a tapered deal-o that will accommodate pretty much any wall thickness 7/8 bar you can come up with.

I have a set of fat bars with bar end mirrors currently installed. It'll work. I promise.

·
we are 138
6,063 Posts
I installed vibranators on my fatties then bolted the ends to the slugs. Not cheap but definitely effective.

Edit: vibranators makes a set specifically for renthal fat bars that comes with the insert, tap for the bars, and hardware. Significantly cuts down on the vibrations that cause arm pump and limp wrist. And is threaded on the end so pretty much ANY bar end will work.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok I may have not been clear
I want these to fit in my rental fat bars. Inner diameter is around 14mm max. These bar ends and every other one I have found are 7/8" so around 18mm which in the world is of Renthal is too big. I have already ordered 2 different sets from 2 different sellers and none fit so I put them on my friends bikes. I had never heard of vibranator til now but really Id rather give my money to a machine shop for that price. Whats left of a bar end mirror when you take the bar end away?
You might say grind this rubber piece down but its the rubber piece and the nut and once you grind the nut down to 14mm or less to fit in tube there is nothing to compress the rubber sleeve left (tried twice already). Im at the point where I might just get 2 coarse thread bolts about 1 inch long and force then into the bar opening and be done with it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts