Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a link to my headlight build that I started. I got it to the "lean everything against each other with boxes and tape to take a pic of what it is going to look like" and then I stopped progress on it because I wanted to save it for the build...

My Sweet Headlight :rock:
All the rest of the work I do on it I will post in this thread. Here is the pic of everything sitting together. I still have to build the brackets and shield for the lights and of course do all the wiring for the lights and halo's

·
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SO... Im in San Marcos this weekend with my wife for our 5th anniversary. I told her we could upgrade her diamond or go shopping... She picked shopping. My goal is to get to the enormous motorcycle salvage yard in San Antonio and pick up some stuff... I should have pics this afternoon... Hopefully

·
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK... lets try this again...
This is the template I made...

To mount the headlights to this stuff...

In its former life it was an extra divider for one of the tool drawers on my work truck. Gotta love stainless... Especially when it is free stainless!!!

So this is how I was going to mount the lights to the "bracket"

But I didn't like the idea because I couldn't adjust the where the beam would be shining... so I scrapped that idea and back to the drawing board...

·
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh yeah... Since my wife is preggo she said to abandon her bike build... Well, I told her we would postpone it till later on down the road... since it is on the far back burner she said I could have her seat... HECK YES!!! It is an Altima gel seat for a harley sportster and I love it!!! Here is some pics of it...

Here it is mocked up on the bike with the old seat propping it up..

I love the seat! I am thinking about cutting a few inches off the front to shorten it up a little bit and have it fit to the tank a little bit better... We will see once I figure out what I am doing for the tail piece ... Oh yea, Sorry the pics in my last post were so small... Im still trying to get this photo hosting thing figured out...

·
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, I out the subframe on the bike and put the seat on to see what it would look like... Now, given I am going to modify the subframe, I just wanted to get an idea of what it is going to look like...

Um, thats when I really decided it was to long. I am going to modify the stock sub but I want to keep the bracket that the back of the seat is sitting on. Seat definitely needs to be shortened so it sits in front of the bracket. Here is a pic of it beside the stock seat. You can really see how much longer it is than the stock seat...

We want shorter tail not longer... So I pulled the cover off it and cut a few inches off the front...

And how about another shot of it sitting on the bike after its nip tuck?

So it still needs about another inch or so taken off but it is starting to look good!!!

·
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well guys, consider this my official resignation from the build off. As most of you guys know, my wife is expecting. Well when the baby gets here my wife is going to quit her job and raise our son. That takes a huge chunk out of our income. I have been working tons of overtime trying to pay stuff off but we are just not getting to where we need to be. So, we are selling our house, buying some land from a friend, and buying a solitare trailor so that we can afford for her to stay home. Needless to say cash is real tight and so the sf is on hold for right now. I am seriously considering selling my cruiser/daily driver so I can finnish "metric mayhem" though. I dont know... we will see... Excited about the baby but pretty bummed about all this... Sorry guys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts