Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys can anyone tell me if i have a Yamaha FZR 750 and i'm putting a Yamaha R6 sub frame on it do i still need to use the FZR battery or can i use a R6 battery?
Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know that might sound like a daft question but do you buy the battery to fit the battery tray or to run a specific bike. I'm thinking as long as its a 12 volt battery it will run any bike is that right?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Look up the cold cranking amps of the bike it will be powering also known as cca. If the one for the r6 matches or is close u should be fine.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

G

·
Yep the cold cranking matters but the R6 battery is a maintanance free (gel) battery & i seem to remember the FZR is a lead acid, what this means if i'm right is that the R6 battery may overcharge due the the larger output of the FZR alternator & the reg/rec may not be able to keep up

Soooo not only do you need to check the cca you need to check the alt output of both bikes & what charge each battery will accept

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've looked into it and the R6 cold cranking amps are only 180 the FZR is 230 but you can buy a smaller battery specifically for modified bike like fighters. I'm thinking of modifying the battery tray cutting the bottom out and putting a metal tray in it so the battery sits lower. I really appreciate the help and info fellas Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts