Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I just recently got my first motorcycle and it's a 92 seca II!! I've been browsing this site for a whole now and since I finally have my very own bike, I finally joined =]

I hve been looking at all the seca II street fighter conversions and I am so pumped to do the same to my own! However, I have little experience with motorcycles, but I have worked on my 94 Honda del sol as well as converted a road bike into a fixie so I'm not completely helpless.

What do you guys recommend I start on? Btw I'm a student at UC Berkeley and my budget is close to nil since I just bought the bike. Any input is greatly appreciated and I look forward to getting to know everyone! :rock::rock:

·
The original VO
310 Posts
those bikes make pretty good platforms for fighters IMO. strip the plastics off, fit some sort of headlight, maybe do a tail swap. its all about what you are in to. make sure to post pics!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tail swap? Doesn't that require cutting the bikes frame and then welding the tail section on another bike? =[ my bike is a daily driver so I need it every day =\ I am thinking on starting with changing the bar mount mirrors with bar end mirrors. Next step will then be stripping front fairings. However I have a question, how do you guys hide the wires? I have little experience, any step by step guides? Even better if it's specific to my bike!

·
The original VO
310 Posts
depends on what you want to do. if you find the plastic shell of the tail u want, u may be able to make modifications to your subframe to make it fit.

as far as step by step guides, they may be hard to find for specific bikes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm well I do want a more "lifted" tail like the r6. But I think I am gettin way ahead of myself. Mirrors first > fairings + lights > maybe tail after

·
Work Hard, Do Good Work!
315 Posts
welcome nor cal blood, nice to have another of us around.

am I actually the first to nsay,, :ttiwwop:

not worthless but, get the pics man!!

·
Super Moderator
4,596 Posts
every bike here goes thru progressions man. baby steps are still steps. do what you can with the time, $$ and skill you have and as you increase in any one of those areas just do work. Hanging out here is a start. Good info w good people. If you hang out here long enough you'll find a deal on any of the parts you want to get and the help to get it done

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry about that, here are pics =)

its basically everything stock except the previous owner put a v & h muffler and painted the windscreen blk. Nothing special. Just stock. I want this to be personalized. I want to be able to say, "I built that!"

·
Administrator
6,081 Posts
If you like the R6 tail start looking at the different year model tails. Then when you figure out the one you like the look of you have a couple options. Find someone on here to photoshop it to your bike. OR photoshop it to your bike yourself.

After that its time and patience to get the tail you want.

Oh and welcome to the site man. I spent a year and a half lookin at this site before joining. Since joining I have done more work than I did before joining. Good Luck.

·
Air Cooled is HOT!
133 Posts
You are in about the same boat as me. I have a black '92 that I am working on. I am going to start a build thread once I get some pics. I just got done taking off the fairing bracket, headlight, front siginals and gauge cluster. I got gauges and clip ons from a fzr600 and some car driving lights to use a headlights. Needs to warm up a bit before I put them on.

·
201 Posts
I think you have a great platform. Drop the bars into some old school clubman type, chop the shit out of the frame, find a 7" round headlight and cafe' that bitch!

Or not...just have fun.

·
Air Cooled is HOT!
133 Posts
Thats a awsome plan. I have heard of people trying clubmans on a seca II but they say they can't get full steering travel because the bars hit the tank. That should only matter when moving around in the garage or driveway though.

Here is a non-tank hitting alternative:

http://www.omarsdtr.com/bars4.html

Not as nice as some of the fixed ones but would work in a pinch.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hmm ok I am going to start removing the fairings today. What do I do with the exposed wires though?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Alright, I won't hunt down everything he did, but I am still curious about his seat, it's like hegir rid of all the plastic and rubber handles. Do he just saw it off? Sorry noob here =[

·
wheel up
48 Posts
Pimp!!

<< has a 92 as well. The Buell headlight is always a looker, and I've got a K5 GSXR tail on mine. I'll sell it to you.. ready to bolt up! ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts