Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
FAT IS THE NEW SKINNY!!!!
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in cheezes f-ed up ride home thread but i will start my own for it in case someone didnt catch it.

Me and matt left the show at 3:30pm...we followed spyder back to the inn to get him loaded and then we headed up 81. We were making great time when at the 100 mile mark we decided to stop to get gas. Right before i could exit I hit a bump and my bike quit. I coasted up the off ramp. My brother and cousin had left a few houes before us with the truck with all the tools. So we are 25 miles outside of scranton with a bike with no juice and no tools. I took matts bike to the local advance auto to buy some tools that i already own and pulled the bike apart on the side of the road.....I could not find the problem. I called my brother and with the traffic jams they showed up to rescue at us about 4 hours later. I then unloaded my cuzs vstar 1100 and loaded my bike. I rode the vstar all the way home and froze my fuckin nuts off. I got home at about 2am........I called paully from the side of the road to let him know he wasnt the only one with shit luck!!!! and you know what, This weekend was so awesome i would do it all over again.

·
Go hard or go home
4,795 Posts
Shit sorry to hear about the trouble. It's always those friggin fuzes! LOL

Glad you made it back otherwise in one piece. It was sweet chillin with ya.

·
V-Twin FTW
326 Posts
Ohhh, that sucks man. Especially since you had to wait forever to finally get home. Glad you made it alright. I'm sure you're relieved it was a simple problem......:hairpull:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
thats a fuggin bitch!

what a crazy trip this was for everyone. we gotta remember to have everyone fully inspect their bikes before next FF haha.

·
Konichiwa Bitches
17,772 Posts
Damn dude, that sucks, but at least it was a simple-ish fix. Great to meet you and your crew at FF. :D

·
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Next year it hopefully wont be right down to the wire deal to get my bike ready, but i know it prolly will be. mm it was great to meet you and everyone else as well. the plug that went to the fuse connection was kinda corroded up so i think that was why.

·
GURU of da poo poo
5,717 Posts
That's a really good idea...especially when you think about how many people had fucked up rides home.

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
Glad you got if figured out man, mysterious bike malfunctions like that always suck, and they are always simple fixes, the trick is just keeping your cool and diagnosing the problem. I know when I get in those situations my mind starts running and it just adds to my frustrations. Glad you are back up and running now :knucks:

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Thats the way it goes. Bikes can,t break down in your neighborhood, they have to do it when your hours from home. Glad you made it home safe.

·
Too Much is ALMOST Enough
309 Posts
Did I read that right? You froze your nuts off?? How cold was it up there?? It hasnt dropped below 75 degrees here in months :( Its not the temp that sucks here, its the humidity!! Im glad you were able to get a ride home and that it was a simple fix!!! My old RF900 broke down once (well more than once lol) and a friend of mine just happened to drive by. He towed me home with a set of jumper cables lol

·
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
it was high 40s low 50s depending on where i was.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts