Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
this sounds really exciting. cant wait to see what you do with it. I bet you'll be doing the coolest project in your class.

please document your making of the body pieces well for us! :metal:

·
******* Dumbass
5,796 Posts
I remember SBK904 from the old Ducati Monster List. After I saw his ride I wanted to do the same thing. It was from him I got the ideas to do my SS streetfighter. The cool thing about Ducs is that they're modular. The work required to slide an air-cooled 2V in a 4V frame is a lot less than putting a 4V in a 2V frame. Good luck. Can't wait to see pics.

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the kind words guys!

I'll try and document the cf making as well as possible, a few years back someone did a great documentation of a carbon sv tank on barf that I'd highly suggest checking out. Ill be starting from scratch so just making a plug from foam but aside from my gas filler it will be pretty much the same process. I will try to document the tail very well as its new ground, and will be the most complex part due to being the only structural piece, having to incorporate a buttload of threaded inserts, 2 seats, a muffler, and lights...

929 adam, I sure think so! Its pretty apples to oranges though as everyone else is doing vintage bikes, mostly cafe racer style brit bikes. Also its a safe bet they don't want to commit 5 hours a day on average to building so theirs are much less involved builds.

Crash_duc, Thank god ducati is lazy like that! This will be my daily ride so knowing I'm not riding on my welds is very nice. I recognize your name from somewhere... I have the same handle on both monster forums and ducati.ms and "camaroboy" on barf. Maybe we bought parts from one another?

Also since I'd hate to miss an opportunity to be an attention whore I attached some pics of my last project. 68 camaro, ls1/t56, vette irs, c6z front brakes, and about 10 billion other things not worth mentioning. Kinda strange paradox between the two, car vs motorcycle, stock body vs custom body, newer engine design vs older engine design, modified frame and suspension vs stock frame and suspension, and so on...

Anywho I'll be bringing the parts into the shop tomorrow so expect an update late tomorrow night.

Attachments

·
******* Dumbass
5,796 Posts
I'm njineermike on the Ducati.ms and the old DML, but I can't remember my old logins....

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
that camaro is fucking beautiful!

:metal:

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
FWIW, I made my own RFID keyless ignition system up from the systems they sell on Egay ($10) and some relays, diodes and resistors. Might wanna look into it..save some coin on that nice, but pricey system from Motogadget.

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
FWIW, I made my own RFID keyless ignition system up from the systems they sell on Egay ($10) and some relays, diodes and resistors. Might wanna look into it..save some coin on that nice, but pricey system from Motogadget.

Awesome, I should have thought to see if that was possible. It looks like this is what you're talking about, would you happen to remember the seller on ebay as I couldn't find anything that seemed to belong on a bike. Unfortunately I'm super restricted space wise for wiring so i may have to shell out the $120...

I should be starting to make some serious progress pretty soon so stay tuned.

·
Build It Ride It Live It
10,684 Posts
Just a heads up bud. The LCD on the Vaypor is technicaly 3 screens. Under the outer casing's a clear plastic cover that is the same shape as the top case. Then the display screen and then the LCD and board. The lower casing holds the back up battery in place. The whole thing bolts together and sandwiches itself tight. My cases cracked on mine and now the read out is all screwed up. They have to be tight with even presure all around or the display doesn't work correct. Also the board is the same size as the cases. So shaving down the size is gona be minimal.

I like your idea to try and blend it into the top clamp. I think it'll look pretty clean, but be prepared cause it'll probably still be close to the original size.

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just a heads up bud. The LCD on the Vaypor is technicaly 3 screens. Under the outer casing's a clear plastic cover that is the same shape as the top case. Then the display screen and then the LCD and board. The lower casing holds the back up battery in place. The whole thing bolts together and sandwiches itself tight. My cases cracked on mine and now the read out is all screwed up. They have to be tight with even presure all around or the display doesn't work correct. Also the board is the same size as the cases. So shaving down the size is gona be minimal.

I like your idea to try and blend it into the top clamp. I think it'll look pretty clean, but be prepared cause it'll probably still be close to the original size.
Thanks for the info, I had pretty much assumed it would be some pita shit like that, so ill probably have to chop up the handlebars to get the clearance and have oddly wide clamps. Considering its just a fuckload of fab time vs $500 more for the only other gauge I like I'll take the extra work.

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mini update of bits missing.

Also it seems my dumb ass forgot to take the required newspaper start picture so im illegal! but ill be bringing a newspaper to class tues to get legit.

·
85 Posts
i really like the idea. im glad you arent tearing up a cherry 748. those are some sexxxyyyy bikes, i dont care who you are, i know i bought one when i could barely afford food. i know im a dumbass. so get legal and post pics already

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Awesome, I should have thought to see if that was possible. It looks like this is what you're talking about, would you happen to remember the seller on ebay as I couldn't find anything that seemed to belong on a bike. Unfortunately I'm super restricted space wise for wiring so i may have to shell out the $120...

I should be starting to make some serious progress pretty soon so stay tuned.
I got some of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-TRANSPONDER-R...ryZ94830QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

then a series of relays, diodes and resistors..I got it all working the way I wanted.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts