Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Active Member
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK im as tired as you are about reading "which bike is best for..."
BUT here is another one :LolLolLolLol:

Speaking of only 1000 cc bikes

rc51, 1000rr, gsxr 1000, r1

What are the positive and negatives of each one listed. I do not want to hear "honda sucks" "suzuki sucks" ect.

I would like to know the difference in performance, maintainence, and durability especially between the v twin rc51 vs the inline fours of the rest of them. why is it a v twin?

I have heard that honda's have stronger frames. Doesnt that really only matter if the bike gets dropped? Does it matter for normal wear and tear.

I hear that the gsxr has a better response when twisting the throttle but has a weak subframe... blah blah

Thats the kind of things I would like to know more about.

I do not neccesarily want to know the durability of it when stunting or abnormal abuse like drag racing. Just normal everyday riding (of course with some measured crazy abuse)

Also I would like to hear mostly from people who have driven most of these bikes or have some experience with them not some :squid:

:cfrocks:
 

·
Eff Tee Pee
Joined
·
29,640 Posts
Krono31 said:
Also I would like to hear mostly from people who have driven most of these bikes or have alot of experience with them not some :squid:

:cfrocks:
i guess im only qualified to answer on one of these bikes. the 1000RR:

ive put a few miles on a couple dif. 1000rr's: a stock 05 and an 06 with a pipe and rims. This bike rides like a dream. seriously. you think about a turn up ahead and its like you magically go thru it with no effort. very well balanced and powered. the power is always there. thing picks up 2nd at 4k no problem. i love liter bikes around town and everywhere cuz they have the low end power and the high end. . . but if you want real low end...check out an RC51!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,212 Posts
Krono31 said:
What are the positive and negatives of each one listed.
rc51 - this bike really isnt in the same class as the others. It is a V-Twin, this bike is probably about as fast as a 600cc inline 4 with the tourque of a 1000cc inline 4 which equals lots of fun and power in every gear...just dont expect to keep up with the I4 1000cc bikes on the highspeed highway runs...but you'll own them in the twisties..more usable power for the street. On paper this bike is heavy and under powered....for professional track use... With an upgraded corbin seat it would make the best street bike out of the ones you listed. It has tons of torque(power wheelieking)

positives = big torque, way fun, great handling, not as cookie cutter as teh litre bikes

negatives - a bit under powered in the top end, the weight may or may nto effect slow speed maneuvers. radiators are weak(the tabs may crack if you wheelie a lot) and not positioned in the greatest spot...at time may have heat issues....

my next sportbike will be a vtwin and so far teh 51 is at the top on my list

1000rr - honda's are generally gear for reliablility and rideablility. They are under powered compared to the others in it's class, but riders tend to rider faster on these then the more powerful bike's...it is the most fogiving of the I4 liter bikes...good choice for guys who are still learning and want a litre bike

pros - reliable, rideable, smooth,

cons - they are a honda...so you get lumped in with all the other highly irritating elitist honda owners that are far worse then any harley owner i have come across :evilred: , the fairings on the first couple years of the them are god awfully ugly, under powered for it's class.

gsxr1k - a track animal...tons of power, 600cc handling..NOT for beginners...the only thing that holds this bike back is teh rider....

pros - see above

cons - not for the inexperienced, too much power to use on the street, more of a rack then the others..

My personal favorite super sport by far....if i could use the power this would be my next sportbike in a heart beat...this bike is overkill for loudon...if i lived near VIR i'd have one already

r1 - probably a good mix of the gixxer and 1000rr....personally these bikes do not do much for me. I ride my boys 04 raven(05?) a little here and there and it is just blah for street riding. Doesnt have a lot un the bottom end but screams when the power is up there....

pros - good power, good looks, good handling....

cons - too cookie cutter, not much low end power...same friend had an 03....imo much better bike...a lot more low end
 
  • Like
Reactions: ab420

·
Abministrator
Joined
·
10,687 Posts
BigRed875 said:
rc51 - this bike really isnt in the same class as the others. It is a V-Twin, this bike is probably about as fast as a 600cc inline 4 with the tourque of a 1000cc inline 4 which equals lots of fun and power in every gear...just dont expect to keep up with the I4 1000cc bikes on the highspeed highway runs...but you'll own them in the twisties..more usable power for the street. On paper this bike is heavy and under powered....for professional track use... With an upgraded corbin seat it would make the best street bike out of the ones you listed. It has tons of torque(power wheelieking)

positives = big torque, way fun, great handling, not as cookie cutter as teh litre bikes

negatives - a bit under powered in the top end, the weight may or may nto effect slow speed maneuvers. radiators are weak(the tabs may crack if you wheelie a lot) and not positioned in the greatest spot...at time may have heat issues....

my next sportbike will be a vtwin and so far teh 51 is at the top on my list

1000rr - honda's are generally gear for reliablility and rideablility. They are under powered compared to the others in it's class, but riders tend to rider faster on these then the more powerful bike's...it is the most fogiving of the I4 liter bikes...good choice for guys who are still learning and want a litre bike

pros - reliable, rideable, smooth,

cons - they are a honda...so you get lumped in with all the other highly irritating elitist honda owners that are far worse then any harley owner i have come across :evilred: , the fairings on the first couple years of the them are god awfully ugly, under powered for it's class.

gsxr1k - a track animal...tons of power, 600cc handling..NOT for beginners...the only thing that holds this bike back is teh rider....

pros - see above

cons - not for the inexperienced, too much power to use on the street, more of a rack then the others..

My personal favorite super sport by far....if i could use the power this would be my next sportbike in a heart beat...this bike is overkill for loudon...if i lived near VIR i'd have one already

r1 - probably a good mix of the gixxer and 1000rr....personally these bikes do not do much for me. I ride my boys 04 raven(05?) a little here and there and it is just blah for street riding. Doesnt have a lot un the bottom end but screams when the power is up there....

pros - good power, good looks, good handling....

cons - too cookie cutter, not much low end power...same friend had an 03....imo much better bike...a lot more low end
:yeah: What he said!
 

·
Active Member
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow thanks a lot for the insight. I just want to ask a few follow up questions

RC 51... when you say it will not keep up with other liter bikes you say it has the capabilities of a 600 inline 4. What speed would you say it really starts to get left behind? Is it the difference of like 190 to 160? Cause I dont think that really matters too much to me. OR does it start at like 80mph and slowly drags behind from there up? That might affect my decision since 80 is slow sometimes... I like the style and sound of these bikes a lot and til I heard this it was in first place on my list. I cant imagine this bike to be outright "slow" its still gotta kick some ass.

1000rr. Now how would you explain that these bikes are a little underpowered but people they tend to ride faster on them? Are they easier to control the power or do they have better manuverability?

Gsxr 1000 it sounds like it is like a Ferrari driving around city streets? Not really the right type of vehicle for that scinero? It needs to have the right environment to be fun? Also how would this bike not be able to beat a 1000rr if it is more powerful? ( speaking hypothetically )

As far as the R1 it sounds like an all around bike with no stand out categories....


I am leaning toward the rc 51 because of the uniqueness of it. It seems a little different. My concern is what you were saying about not enough power. Id imagine that only means compared to the top dogs. My problem is that I have only really ridden my katana 750 and my friends honda magna and a 600 bandit. So its kinda of hard to figure out the exact differences... if it really a large noticable difference across the board or just small.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
148 Posts
the issue i notice with v twins compared to 4s is they throw you into shit where as the i4s with slingshot you into it, when stepping up to a liter bike i would go with a 954 or 1000rr, the rc is a pig, but mad fun, gixxer is the fastest and quickest, fuck a yamaha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
387 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,212 Posts
"190 to 160?" exactly, the bike is not slow by any means...but it isn't as gnarly as the I4's 1000cc bikes.....unless you are going to be racing at a track like VIR or daytona they are overkill.

"Are they easier to control the power or do they have better manuverability?" yeah they are easier to handle then the others....

you kinda have to put these things in perspective...all the bike you listed...99% of the buyers will never utilize the capabilities of these bikes..so which one handles better, brakes better is the fastest is all moot because you are the limiting factor on all of them...you are the one holding the bikes back so...comming from a katana all of these bikes will seem a rocket

"Gsxr 1000 it sounds like it is like a Ferrari driving around city streets? " in a way..they all are like that

"Also how would this bike not be able to beat a 1000rr if it is more powerful?" it will but the power can be intimidating and a lot of bike to handle so you wouldn't be pushing as hard as the honda so it is possible you will be able to make the honda go faster then the zook...then thorw Mladin on there and see what happens to that 1000rr lol

"My concern is what you were saying about not enough power." it will be plenty...lol the first time you ride one this will be very apparent when you goose the gas in 1-3 and the tank is in your face ;) lol you just will not get the 160-190mph rush as the others...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,212 Posts
lordofillusions said:
the issue i notice with v twins compared to 4s is they throw you into shit where as the i4s with slingshot you into it, when stepping up to a liter bike i would go with a 954 or 1000rr, the rc is a pig, but mad fun, gixxer is the fastest and quickest, fuck a yamaha
not with the right rider...twins has useable power in all gears....you can roll on the gas in top gear and becaue of the torque of teh twin you do not need to down shift like the others...
 

·
Active Member
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BigRed. Thanks a ton! :rock:
That information is exactly what I wanted to know. I still think I am leaning towards the RC 51. Im not a big highspeed rider. I get up to 145 (on the gauges) on my katana and dont want to go that fast. The only reason I did to see how fast I could get it up to... once or twice. I think I will like the tourque cause that is what I'm looking for over top speed.
Now sorta a minor question. Is the RC 51 easy to work on? I would want to do most minor maintainece on it. Also the realiability of it compared to the others. I can hold my own with a Haynes Manual at my side!

:cfcartman:
 

·
Abministrator
Joined
·
10,687 Posts
Krono31 said:
BigRed. Thanks a ton! :rock:
That information is exactly what I wanted to know. I still think I am leaning towards the RC 51. Im not a big highspeed rider. I get up to 145 (on the gauges) on my katana and dont want to go that fast. The only reason I did to see how fast I could get it up to... once or twice. I think I will like the tourque cause that is what I'm looking for over top speed.
Now sorta a minor question. Is the RC 51 easy to work on? I would want to do most minor maintainece on it. Also the realiability of it compared to the others. I can hold my own with a Haynes Manual at my side!

:cfcartman:
I don't know how easy they are to fix, but I have read from several sources that the RC51 is an extremely reliable bike.

If you're not into top speed, but more of killing it around town, the extra torque will be heaven for you. I think the RC51 is going to be a really nice match for you... DO IT UP!
 

·
Active Member
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Eff Tee Pee
Joined
·
29,640 Posts
ab420 said:
I don't know how easy they are to fix, but I have read from several sources that the RC51 is an extremely reliable bike.

of course it is! its a honda!
 

·
fighter transplant in NC
Joined
·
14,319 Posts
try cycletrader.com lots of good deals on there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,212 Posts

·
Eff Tee Pee
Joined
·
29,640 Posts
yah. once they buy em. they keep em. and i dont see a lot of them at dealers around either.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top