Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

The names Mitch i'm 18 and from England. I'm looking into gettin me A2 licence done by the end of the year and I'm looking at gettin a Bandit 600. Just wanted to know stuff like what their like to run, are they good for long rides and how much i'm lookin at to get one. Eventually I will customize it as I love the fighter look and I think the bandit is a good pace to start.

Cheers in advance

Mitch

G

·
Hi mitch welcome to the forum, where abouts are you ?

The bandit 6 is a good bike & fine for long runs, spares are pretty easy to get & reasonable bikes go for under a grand if you know what to look for, the mark 2 bandits are often cheaper than the mark 1 as people prefer the original so there bargains to be had there it all just depends what you want & what you have to spend

If i were you i'd go for the least modified bike you can find as some of the stuff ive seen done may look good but isnt always great for a new rider

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for the reply I live in lydney in gloucestershire, yeh iv'e been lookin at standard ones and their goin for about £800 - £1000 so shouldn't be hard to find one for a decent price, could you give me some pointers on what too look for in a bandit 6?

cheers

Mitch

G

·
Hi, the things i can think of to check off the top of my head are

The usual on any bike
Poor repairs to crash damage & poor mods
Chain & sprockets, look for hooked rear sprocket teeth & badly adjusted chain, listen to odd noises from the front sprocket as some people will change the chain & rear sprocket but leave the front
Tyres for tread & wear
Does the general condition tally with the mileage ? IE worn seat & foorest rubbers on a bike thats done 10,000 would make me suspicious

Specific to bandits
Camchain & tappet noise, they are not a quiet engine but exessive noise could mean its in need of a service or repair
Exhaust tends to rot at the bottom of the downpipes/ collector area
If its got a race can & has been jetted/tuned to suit listen for hesitation when reving/riding carbs on these can be a git to sort unless you know what you are doing, most end up running very rich
Have a look at the oil level & get your nose in the filler cap, an over full oil level or a smell of fuel in the oil is common if the carbs are dirty/blocked or have been messed with
Fuel taps can cause the symptoms above but is an easy fix
Paint finish is not the best on suzuki's so check well for rust & corrosion

Thats about it find a good one & you will be happy for years they are good reliable bikes if looked after reasonably well & not to hard to fix if you know one end of a spanner from the other :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome! Cheers pal will keep this in might will come very handy when browsing, I'm pretty competent and mechanically minded so anything that does go wrong/need of repair shouldn't be a big issue. When I do eventually get a bike i'm gonna do an oil flush, change plugs, filters and basically give it a good service so if anything goes wrong I know it's me own fault haha :)

Cheers again mate

Mitch

G

·
No worries mate, ive had a few oil boilers over the years 6 or 7 of those have been bandits or bandit engined so if you get stuck with anything shout up, i'll probably have a good idea of any issues you come across.

I forgot to mention front brakes can be sticky on the 600 so its worth having a good look at them.

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts
Welcome to CF Mitch! When you get your bandit, be sure & post up a picture for us all to admire. We LOVE pics! Repped you for the nice intro & again, welcome! :D

Reactions: DivvYRider

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers 4cups for the heads up, Will come in very handy :p

Oldrider ,
I'm pretty much used to forums as I'm part of two ColtUK and ColtCYB.org for my car so I take it, it's the same principal for Images copy and pasting the img link into here from photobucket. I'm pretty much Japanese when It comes to pictures haha so you will see loads! :)

Thanks again guys,

Mitch

1 - 13 of 13 Posts