Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

My name is Alex and I am just entering the street fighter scene. I currently have a 1981 GS550T Custom Café Racer, and am looking for something with a little more speed and agility around corners.

I have been looking for bikes in the 600-750 range, and have landed on primarily three bikes: Suzuki SV650, Ninja 650R and the Bandit 600. I don't do a lot of long-distance commuting since I live in New York City, but I try to get out every weekend and take some windy mountain roads at unsafe speeds, so I was thinking a street fighter would be right up my alley. I am a big gear head and tinkerer, so I would be buying a mid to late 2000s bike which I would spend a fair amount of time reworking and customizing. Unfortunately, I am not making nearly enough at my job so I am shooting for a bike in the $2000 range.

So far, I am definitely leaning towards the SV650. From what I have read, it is a great bike with a lot of topside performance potential, albeit taking some time to get used to when first getting acquainted with it. I also love that any of the GSXR parts can be easily fit onto the bike, making upgrading and customizing a lot easier than finding parts for a 35 year old café racer!

As I am just beginning in the street fighter playing field, I am hoping some of you guys can help me narrow down my choices or even offer a bike I hadn't thought of. I am welcome to any advice, and if someone has a 2004+ SV650 lying around please let me know!

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to working with you guys a lot more in the future!

·
The friendly Ghost.
13,174 Posts
SVs are good bikes, very torquey and very stable. The FZ6 is also a bike you could look at, similar to the others you posted.

There is a large SV racing scene and as such, certain parts are always available and certain parts are unobtanium. But why would you want bolt on parts?

Welcome to the madhouse and I look forward to a build thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts