Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats more streetfighter than a bike built to fight crime on the gritty streets of Gotham :D

The new batcycle, called the "Batpod", is quite an impressive feat of engineering. The whole thing was conceptualized on paper really only thinking about how it looked and then it had to be figured out how to build it and make it functional.

Built by Chris Corbould, actually he built 6, it features grappling hooks, cannons and machine guns. The tires are 508mm and the engines are supposedly in the hubs of each wheel. As far as I can find what motor is being used is not being shared yet. There aren't handle bars because you apparently steer with your shoulder. Thats right, there are shields that fit your arms like sleeves and can rotate around the bike's frame. The rider lays down on the tank which can raised or lowered on the fly.

Jean-Pierre Goy is the lucky SOB stuntman that gets to ride the batpod.

·
Registered
359 Posts
take it back to the scrapyard where it belongs

batman was sweet when i was like 9

by the way i think my buddy has that same size tire on his jeep it goes offroad well but unfortunatly sounds like a tank going down the road

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
That thing is an actual bike?:confused: If a working one has been built post up a link to more info will ya?

I don't care who rides it, thats just some crazy impressive engineering, who cares if its ridiculous. Thats thinkin outside the box if I ever seen it.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah that is a working bike ... 6 of them have been built incase one or more gets fubared.
This the only footage I've been able to find of it in action
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/clips/batmans-batpod-captured-on-video-281519.php

most detailed article I've found so far:
LA Times

What the builder had to say about taking it from concept to reality:

"I thought there was no chance we'd actually achieve it," Corbould said. "[Director] Chris Nolan and Nathan went for the look of it rather than thinking about the mechanics. That was the biggest challenge: Get their vision, but make it work and perform."

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want onei want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one

·
i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want onei want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one
Sounds like Robin squwakin from the pillion
(ever had kiddz inthe back of your car???)

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was just showing this to one of my coworkers (resident handyman, and a motorcyclist) and we were talking about what the motors could be. He's guessing electric motors would make the most sense.

·
I was just showing this to one of my coworkers (resident handyman, and a motorcyclist) and we were talking about what the motors could be. He's guessing electric motors would make the most sense.
Hoooo... I remember posting an electric motor tome on here when I was ummmm... a Lil under the influence of JD.

That was futuristic too, but I got the padded cell treatment :LolLolLolLol:

·
GURU
445 Posts
I'm glad it is only for a movie. I'd hate to see kids riding these on the streets....

"Hey, Joey, check out my new Batpod! It's great for when I want to steam roll fresh pavement!"

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
That's a pretty damn cool concept...

And Jon-Pierre Goy is a freakin AWESOME French stunter, formerly sponsored by BMW.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts