Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
How low can you go?
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cut up a set of stock fairings to make a temporary bellypan. It is kind of Meh, but with some trimming I think it can be made to look pretty decent.

Fire away with you visions, I will be working on it a tad.
After I trim it, I want to create a mold for either a fiberglass or CF version.

Only things of note are:
the front where the inlet triangle mounts is a little above the inlaid black stripe.
I'd like to remove the stripe either with fiberglass or cutting below it
The rear tail will be a 1098 Duc, in the coming weeks. I will also move the headlights a little lower and out since it looks off to me at the moment.

:shocker:

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Looks good I would suggest trimming it up so you can the clutch cover and removing the the top piece on. Even if you're going to make a mold I would suggest taking the top piece to make it smaller

·
How low can you go?
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahh I should explain there is no top piece on this. The black is a stripe on the fairing, and the bolt is for the triangular front plastics. There is a left and right fairing you can see the color change as they were a mixmash of my RF6 and RF9. The rub is on the mounting of the rear/left as you can see the it is a 2 screws and one of which is pretty high up there. This is why I have been thinking of remaking it in Fiber Glass

·
escape from prison planet
2,296 Posts
needs to be cut way down. less is more. really imho bellypans should be very low, almost nothing on the sides, and a chin up front.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts