Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to this forum and I'm having a great time reading about and looking at the great bikes here.

I have a well thrashed '85/86 gsxr 750 that i bought for next to nothing last year. All the fairing and tail section is missing so i thougt it would be an exellent candidate for conversion to a street fighter.

So far i have machined a billet upper triple clamp and bar risers from billet to take dirt track bars and added a single seat ( still need to cut the subframe down to size)

My question is, where can i find a belly pan for this bike or will i have to make one myself. Does anyone know which would be the closest fit and need the least modification. I would like to have all the body work ready for paint at the same time.

Any help or advise greatly appreciated.

Chef

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
There are universal bellypans you can get that will take some modification to make fit on any bike. You can start at angryguystreetfighters.com He is in the US and can get you stuff from the UK I think XPOfighters in NYC might be able to get some of that stuff to.

Otherwise you could dig into the fiberglass and DIY with a foam mold ect.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Click LINKS at the top of the page. Some of our sponsors sell direct fit and universal bellypans.

You can also make one by cutting down fairings. I'd suggest finding fiberglass race bodywork and cutting it down.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
The Green Lantern said:
make your own man,that way nobody else has one like it

im workiing with my factory pieces..lower and mid. gonna cut em op and work with that.

oh and

WELCOME TO THE SITE PDEAN!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts