Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is this ridable? its my first bike on a TLS got it at a copart and im building it ATM. just noticed this wheel when i took off my cans to shorten. the tire holds air. it looksl like it hit a pot hole or something? i really cant afford a new wheel... i was wondering if i can get it straightened or hit it with a rubber mallet or whats the options on this??

·
Registered
299 Posts
Aw yeah there's tons of places that can straighten it, as long as it's not cracked I've seen wheels get straightened from anywhere of $50 to $150. Depending on the damage, but ask around locally you could probably get that trued for like $70ish if you can find a local place but there's even some shops that accept rims via postage, straighten them, then send them back to you.

You pay more for that due to shipping but it's fair.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I found a shop off eBay that they would straighten a front rim I have that's not true for $80. Take it off put it on the axle and spin it to see if its straight. If it doesn't wobble you could probably use it till you have the $$$ to fix it or get a used one.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
damn, i was hoping i could like get it fixed for like 20 bucks. but theres actually a cycle shop down the road from me, at least theres like a 40' car hauler that says ELIMINATOR CYCLE on it lol maybe i can stop by there one of these days and see if they can help me.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Small local shops usually don't that type of equipment to fix bent/damaged rims. You might get lucky and they do but I doubt it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts