Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking to buy a new bike, and I think I would like to get into the streetfighter scene. I used to ride a Harley, so it's not like I don't know how to ride, but I am new to the sport bike area. Any suggestions?

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
also depends on if you want to build it, or just ride it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wouldn't stunt it, but for now just riding. I am definitely more interested in performance than looks. I think that I am going to buy a used bike, cause I can't afford a brand new on. I would be willing to make some mods to it in the future, cause we all know that it's a lot more satisfying to build a bike than to buy it. Also, just an unrelated question, I have seen this brass-knuckles logo around on some bikes, is that from like a bike company? Pretty cool. Still pretty green, trying to learn everything I can.

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
ZMullis said:
I am definitely more interested in performance than looks.
You'll fit RIGHT in around here! :rock:

I think that I am going to buy a used bike, cause I can't afford a brand new on. I would be willing to make some mods to it in the future, cause we all know that it's a lot more satisfying to build a bike than to buy it.
Good idea, you'll save a ton, and you don't have to worry about voiding any warranty when you modify it.

Also, just an unrelated question, I have seen this brass-knuckles logo around on some bikes, is that from like a bike company?
Sort of but not really! Brass knuckles just look badass and give off the same aggressiveness that streetfighters do, its like flames and Harleys, you see them everywhere, because hell, flames and Harleys go hand in hand. CustomFighters.com uses the skull logo that you see on the background, and that uses brass-knuckles as his teeth, and wrenches for cross-bones, so it's kind of part of our logo! And if you like brass knuckles on bikes, check out TommyPantsdowns bike in the garage!

Pretty cool. Still pretty green, trying to learn everything I can.
Well, this is a great place to do it! We have a bunch of very smart members who are more than willing to help out a fellow biker! :rock: FYI: We have a nice little articles section that has a bunch of great info in it, there is a link at the bottom of the forum home page.

Ok... so.... back to the mission at hand.... to find you a bike!

Where would you ride it most often? Are you a highway hellion, a canyon carver, a country cruiser, or a rush-hour racer?

If you're looking for a lot of performance, most of the 900cc+ sportbikes should have you MORE than covered. Shit, a Honda CBR 929 BONE STOCK can run the quarter mile almost 2 seconds quicker than a Dodge Viper!!! It all depends on personal preference though, so get out there and ride as many of them as you can. Even the 600cc CBRs and GSX-R's are fast as hell, and will smoke any stock car out there, but you don't get the usable low-end torque of the bigger 900cc and 1000cc bikes, so you really have to wind them up to get all that power.

You said you've ridden Harleys before, how much riding experience do you have?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had a Fatboy for about 5 years. I would mostly use it for commuting back and forth to work (Where I live-in NC-I could ride it most of the year). That mostly means highways and stop and go traffic. I would probably go into the Blue Ridge Mountains, with their curvy roads once in a while. I've done some research, and I think that something like a SV650 would be ok, maybe a GSXR. I wouldn't want to jump into a really powerful bike right away, probably should get used to it first, then move up if I needed to, or just mod away. My friend has a GSXR750, and I've ridden it a few times, seems ok. I just dont think that jumping into a 900 or 1000cc bike is very smart, probably better to start smaller.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts