Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I eat my 600R
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noob here, posting my first thread. Bring your brightest and best of ideas and/or already fabricated custom built fighter lights. Looking for custom built not custom bought ideas and pictures for Dual or Single headlights. (Not Acerbis or Cyclops or whatever.) Interested to see what you awesome dudes come up with.

Side Note- Sorry if this thread has already been brought up, searched the forum. Nothing really relevant. Also Im not sure what privileges noobies have, how does one pay your dues? Can noobs post threads calling for people to do something. IDK sick forums though and I look forward to getting acquainted with you all and the forums.

·
That guy
4,468 Posts
Probably the brightest and most custom set up would be some homebrew HID projectors rescued from some cages.

·
That guy
4,468 Posts
Noob here, posting my first thread. Bring your brightest and best of ideas and/or already fabricated custom built fighter lights. Looking for custom built not custom bought ideas and pictures for Dual or Single headlights. (Not Acerbis or Cyclops or whatever.) Interested to see what you awesome dudes come up with.

Side Note- Sorry if this thread has already been brought up, searched the forum. Nothing really relevant. Also Im not sure what privileges noobies have, how does one pay your dues? Can noobs post threads calling for people to do something. IDK sick forums though and I look forward to getting acquainted with you all and the forums.

You earn yer keep round here,

Ask lots a questions, pour through thousands of pages of build threads, and post plenty of pics up of what you end up doing.

Engage in LOTS of discussions, just try not to come off as a total ass clown and youll be gravy.

I joined up a little over a year ago, and look at me now, fast approaching 3000 posts, look at all my green knucks thats my rep points, youll have more in time. And Im a VIP member as well. And this place youll quickly realise isnt the average motorcycle forum, this is custom FOOKIN fighters, this place is more of a family than most care to admit.

Now if ya join up, act a fool, treat vetran members like trash, and so on you wont be here to long.

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,701 Posts
Can't go wrong with an LSL Urban imo
I think he's trying to go away from bought brother... ;)

When you get down to it, repurposing things can be a great little trick in regards to custom lights... Salvaged projectors can be housed in a vast array of old metal cups and what not... You could slash cut, augment, etc, and nobody will question it if it serves a purpose and doesn't look like shit...

Sky's the limit brother.

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,701 Posts

·
Doesn't know shit
552 Posts

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,701 Posts
Oh shit...I should learn to read lol
no biggy... Ideas don't hurt.

Something similar to that unit could definitely be done with some elbow grease... Take a look at the links posted. Truck can build some cool shit... Handcrafted production quality custom lights...:thumbsup:

·
I eat my 600R
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You earn yer keep round here,

Ask lots a questions, pour through thousands of pages of build threads, and post plenty of pics up of what you end up doing.

Engage in LOTS of discussions, just try not to come off as a total ass clown and youll be gravy.

I joined up a little over a year ago, and look at me now, fast approaching 3000 posts, look at all my green knucks thats my rep points, youll have more in time. And Im a VIP member as well. And this place youll quickly realise isnt the average motorcycle forum, this is custom FOOKIN fighters, this place is more of a family than most care to admit.

Now if ya join up, act a fool, treat vetran members like trash, and so on you wont be here to long.
Cool beans brotha man, I've been looking at this website for a while before I bought my first bike. I did not want to join with no bike at all, so I bought my 1997 YZF600R (These bikes need a face lift as it is) and was already in love with fighters before I bought it. So here I am ready to progress into a fighterer :rock: Im glad you said engage in discussions, I have to admit was kinda nervous to get flamed by some vets haha Although based off what you said I plan on being a member for a LONG time.

·
I eat my 600R
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome post Poopie! Those projectors are friggin sweet, it looks way cooler than Acerbis or Cyclops or any store bought junk. Here is one I came across it is pretty simple, I still think its pretty sick looking. Its called the "Pedestrian Gobbler" built by member Dogmeatk for the 2011 parts buildoff.

http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44698

Reactions: Poopie

·
Registered
2 Posts
this is close to what i was going to ask so ill just ask here instead of posting another thread, i have a headlight out of a tiburon that i want to use the projector out of, does it need to have a housing protecting it from the elements like it does now or will it be fine with out it?

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
heres mine. 2 projectors out of a zx14. dips cut out. bracket bent up out of ally plate, wind screen cut up from a klx650, low beam is just one on, high beam is both on. oh and since this pic the condensation has been taken out of the one projector and the plate has been re painted

Reactions: coco

·
Registered
2 Posts
thanks jackstand when i finally got them out there is alot of open space where the bulb goes, piester do you have a picture of urs being made i like the simple idea just got to find away to seal this one off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts