Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best all around sport bike for under $10,000? Mainly for street riding, although I would like to hit the track sometime, not really for stunting, although I do like doing a wheelie now and again!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
if you were gonna be on the streets, i'd say that a cbr 1000RR or a Gsxr1000 would be the best bikes. they have tons of low end..and top end, so your good no matter where you are in the revs.

but if your going on the track a smaller bike is better because you can keep your revs WAY up without killing yourself. try riding a 1000 above 10k rpms the whole time and you'll need a new set of leathers to say the least.

so if your doing both, i might consider a gsxr 750. its got more power than the 6's but is just as light. best of both worlds. too bad honda doesnt make one tho (yet).

·
Registered
50 Posts
the last 1000 i rode was an 02 gixxer, and it was so fuckin fast i was amazed, and that bike is slow in comparision now adays.....there so fast there no fun on the street, because if u wind out 1 gear ur at 100mph, and if ur not careful they will show u whose boss...i wud get a cbr600rr, or 636 cus i think they look the best....they make as much power as a 929, and dont weigh anything...you can rev and beat the piss out of them.....most people cant ride a ex500 to its full potential, nvm a 1000....get a 600...also cheaper on insurance

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
oh nm...i see he said sportbike...i thought he was just talking about best bike for the street....

it's subjective...you talk to 10 people and you will get 7 different answers...seeing how they are all good I would go sit on them and go by feel and looks...

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
z-unit said:
the last 1000 i rode was an 02 gixxer, and it was so fuckin fast i was amazed, and that bike is slow in comparision now adays.....there so fast there no fun on the street, because if u wind out 1 gear ur at 100mph, and if ur not careful they will show u whose boss...i wud get a cbr600rr, or 636 cus i think they look the best....they make as much power as a 929, and dont weigh anything...you can rev and beat the piss out of them.....most people cant ride a ex500 to its full potential, nvm a 1000....get a 600...also cheaper on insurance
600's won't go more then 115 rwhp..I have seen 600rr's at 95 and 636's at 108...929's are over 120rwhp plus the torque..

but you are right..it is way more fun to ride a slow bike fast then a fast bike slow... and quit usin' my ex500 line lol j/k

personally i like liter bikes for the street...i like to be able to roll on in any gear and i ride 2up a lot...

twins like the tlr's, rc's and sv's..along with the duc's and aprillas make awesome street bikes too....the instant torque is awesome...

my next sportbike will be a twin..probably an sv650

1 - 11 of 11 Posts