Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am taking apart my moto guzzi v50 mk2 (1979) and wanting to cerakote a few parts. I am mad stuck on how to get the split ring (C in my photo) out so I can then remove the bearing and at some point the shaft this is all attached to. I have tried a little heat to the bearing race, using 2 picks at either point of the split to put some tension on it in the hope it would spring off...all to no avail. any help/advice on how to do this much appreciated. thanks.

here is the parts diagram... Bevel gear - Moto Guzzi V 50 V 50 III 500 (CHASSIS NUMBER PREFIX: ZGUPF) | Moto Guzzi V 50 V 50 III 500 (CHASSIS NUMBER PREFIX: ZGUPF) 1980-2001 Bevel gear with fast delivery to United States | Fowlers Parts

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,184 Posts
It’s hard to tell just by looking at it but it appears that clip B needs removed then the bearing pushed on slightly further the the clip C can be removed. Clip C looks like it is trapped on it’s OD by a recess in the bearing?

Later, Doug

·
Is my bike ok?
15,243 Posts
It’s hard to tell just by looking at it but it appears that clip B needs removed then the bearing pushed on slightly further the the clip C can be removed. Clip C looks like it is trapped on it’s OD by a recess in the bearing?

Later, Doug
My thoughts exactly. Looks like it was designed that way as a safety measure to lock the rings in.

I'd take Doug's advice. I believe he's shooting you straight.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
both A and B are washers although guzzi call them something else. apparently C is the way forward in getting this stripped...i have been pointed to a training video on this online...and C came out with a flat head screwdriver stopping it slipping round the shaft whilst another screwdriver levered the other end out. sounds easy but C is so rock solid and picks are not doing anything. absolute pita this is turning out to be! but, thanks for the pointers guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts