Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my boy has come to the conclusion that he needs a bike , so we picked up an old skool smoker ..... I actually had one of these in 1988.... GP100... feel the powah

motor mechanic friend had been building it, but he has less time than me .... or so he says , so we've taken on an "Unfinished Project".... DunDunDun.......

it does run and is lookin pretty good, and he needs no more than CBT

so lets have at it

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Attachments

·
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the tank is a good place to start, I've been told it's been treated with molasses...... what has actually been done is its had neat molasses put in it..... fuckin thing has been coated with treacle :LOL:

wash the tank out, wash the tank out again, and again .... fit a blanking plate to the fuel tap area, put the cap on and sandblast the rust off it

fill it with proper diluted molasses and leave to simmer

Gas Cookware and bakeware Cuisine Cooking Plant
Food Green Wood Cuisine Natural material
Helmet Hood Aircraft Gas Motor vehicle
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Automotive tire Tire Automotive design

·
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
break out the direct to steel shiny black paint and give the underside a good coating ( i have since found a couple of missed spots, but i'll deal with that)

the fuel tap was also full of the sweet smell of horse food..... but plenty of boiling water liberally applied sorted that
Wood Font Art Gas Auto part
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Bumper

·
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
next , side panels, a previous owner had tried painting them , with disastrous consequences,

i'm going to skin with carbon , save me the hassle of trying to save this fry up.....

the panels have a groove in them, that would be a pain in the dick to skin, so it's getting filled and smoothed off

Rectangle Textile Wood Brick Road surface
Triangle Font Flooring Road surface Wood
Bumper Automotive exterior Wood Gas Machine tool

·
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the body work all arrived in a bag, so i'm piecing the tail together... the light set up is not original, in an ideal world i'd re do the full seat to suit, but time is not on my side, so i'm going to modify the original tail plastics to fit on, have a little storage compartment and possibly an extra brake light

won't be ideal , but it'll be "OK"....
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Bicycle Bicycle tire Bicycle handlebar
Wood Plant Mailbox Brick Grass

·
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
18, unfortunately his work shifts clash with my free time, and I done a fair bit at work, he'll have time to learn stuff , i just needed it built so I could crack on with m builds . He'll learn how to maintain it and keep it going.

i was out on it today, a lot better than i expected

1 - 12 of 12 Posts