Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Knows nothing....
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at slapping a Bi-Xenon Projector on the bike. Looking at the wiring, I can figure out most stuff, but am coming up blank on how/where to wire the bi-xenon shutter for the high beam. I can't find any confirmation on how to wire it. Any help?

Bike is an 02 Speed Triple.

Thanks

Mark

·
0.o i didn't do it
1,892 Posts
Piester would be the one to ask about wiring the light up. I believe the way he did it was to run your low beam through a relay that would kill power when the start button was pushed so the ballist wouldn't burn up. As far as high beam you could wite it into your high beam side of the light switch. I'm not a hundred percent on that.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
208 Posts
Most high end cars do not use xenon headlights for running during daylight hours because xenon bulbs don't like to be run constantly. On my bikes I use audi style LED strips for running lights and then the ballasts for xenon bulbs are on a simple switch. Note: They can NOT go on the low beam circuit!! Turn the high beams on and you will loose power to your bulbs. Run a dedicated line from a 30A relay for the ballasts. The high beam wires for the projector can be connected to the high beam wires and polarity of the wires should not matter.

·
Mad Sconnie
2,602 Posts
Here's a basic diagram for wiring up bixenon projectors.

Like LJ said, I never run my HID's during the day, unless it's in a really busy area and the cutoff flicker will help people actually see me when I'm riding. I have wired in another relay and switch so during the day I only have on LED running lights. In the VRod headlight I'm retrofitting, I put the bixenon projector in the lower reflector and am running an LED bulb in the upper reflector.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts