Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,433 Posts
That'd be a friggin huge thing

http://bikebandit.com/product/3310

This is the only tire I can find that will both fit your rim and do well on dirt. It's a supermoto tire.

What are you trying to do? Find a dirty tire for your gixxer? Not gonna happen without swapping on a smaller rim...

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not for my gixxer. basically when i get down to florda, anything i can find for under $900 that runs well that is not a cruiser style. i'd take a katana, a sv, a monster, an f3... anything really. you all will see. its gonna be crazy!

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,433 Posts
Katanas and SVs use 160 rear tires, so that Motard tire I posted would work well. I'm not sure about the Monster and F3's rear tire size... I wouldn't doubt either one (some older/smaller Monsters) would have a 160 rear tire.

On the other hand, all the dirt roads I encountered in Florida were straight... as were all the roads I encountered in Florida...

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol good point... but i dont plan on riding it on road much. i want a big dirt bike basically. and i plan on stuntin it too. but i need something really nobby.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,433 Posts
Doubt any of those bikes are going to be good for dirtbiking... not enough suspension travel.

Get a big dirt bike if you want a big dirt bike... a DRZ450 dualsport would be perfect, and they're highly stuntable.

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dont want a big dirtbike. i want to make a streetbike a dirtbike. i want it street legal and everything. i know... crazy... but i'm gonna do it. i like a challenge. plus i can always use a different shock and such.

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Reminds me of the Mission Impossible movie where all of a sudden Tom Cruise's Duc had dirtbike tires on it...of course, they were fighting in sand. LOL

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,433 Posts
dont want a big dirtbike. i want to make a streetbike a dirtbike. i want it street legal and everything. i know... crazy... but i'm gonna do it. i like a challenge. plus i can always use a different shock and such.
You'd need more than a rear shock to turn a streetbike into a dirtbike. A long travel shock would mean your chain clearances would be different on the verticle, which means you might not be able to do it without modifying your frame.

You know dualsports are street legal, right? Haha
This seems like a challenge that's going to end in catastrophe :p

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah, i know they are street legal. and i saw a pic of a dirt bike made street legal, and i may do that instead... i dunno yet. i still like the idea of doin 100+ off road lol!!! it might end up in me dieing...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts