Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
GURU
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a few weeks back a friend of mine asked if I wanted to go to bike night with them. He rides an 05 GSXR 1000 (ex road racer) and his wife rides an 06 GSXR 750. So I decided I would go and rode my ZX7 fighter. Before we even got there I knew it would be filled with harley's, choppers, etc....... but it was something to do. Anyway, we parked the bikes, talked with a few riders and went inside to grab a bite. By the time we came out there was a nice little circle formed around my bike. Not one person knew what the hell it was but they were all interested. It was nice to see when my home built bike sat amongst 20-30,000 custom machined, chromed out choppers! Later, I decided to walk around and look for anymore fighters that might be there. Not one!

Fast forward to last night, same friends ask me to go again plus a couple of other guys. Everyone of them is riding a gixxer and I no longer have my fighter so I took my DL. Once we arrived I immediately went looking for some fighters. I had to "wade" past all of the Harley's, choppers, chromed out lowered Busa's but I did manage to find a small group of guys in the back corner of the parking lot. There were 3 bikes in total...all gixxers. None of them had been crashed and were all built from stock unmolested bikes. Granted they weren't anything that any of use haven't seen before and weren't anything crazy. But......they were works in progress.

I guess my point is this: It was finally nice to see some streetfighters in the "real world" and not just in pics on the internet. Every now and again I'll see one here or there. A few years ago that would never happen. I suspect the more time goes by the more fighters we will all see. Even though some people would rather not in fear of the style becoming "mainstream", I would prefer to see a lot more!

·
Registered
854 Posts
Its cool to get respect for riding a naked sportbike (I won't go as far as to say my SV is a streetfighter yet) but it seems to happen rarely for me. Last big bike night I went to I had the only naked bike there. As I walked around and looked at the hundereds of choppers, cruisers, and full faired sportbikes I got bored by the lack of creativity and left. The only looks I noticed from people seemed to say "what the crap kind of bike is that"

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
LOL....I thought you were gonna say a group formed around the DL.......LOL:D

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
im yet to see a fighter at my works bike night, which is tonite (thursday) at 321 electric ave, lunenburg, ma 01462. .

6-8 pm. PLEASE COME DOWN!! bring your earplugs, its cuntry night. :puke:

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
I had people ask if they missed the stunt show when they seen the 636 LOL

·
GURU
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had people ask if they missed the stunt show when they seen the 636 LOL
Yeah it sure does seem that sometimes people think a fighter is nothing but a wrecked stunter.

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
i saw an SV with a monster front fairing on it. no other mods... and definately not modified compared to some bikes... but it still caught my eye. it was outside the local dealership so i was just like hmm. couldnt find the guy inside but thought it was kinda neat that someone was at least attempting to change their bike a lil bit.

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
I wonder what reactions i would have gotten if i pulled up on the yazukati.......damnit i wish i would of gotten to showit off at a meetup once or twice before i sold it

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
every time i see a fighter on the road i chase his ass down (yeah, even on the chop) just to say hi, and look at the bike.

it is... a sickness.

·
Urban Guerilla
404 Posts
Maybe I just started noticing them recently, but I doubt I've seen more than a couple 'fighters on the street.

I'm not a big fan of poser nights but I should go one of these evenings (we have like three or four of them at different places throughout most of the week), just to see if there is any reaction to my stripped Bandit. It could be funny :knucks:

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
Hey Trav , I am having the same experience's here at local bike nights and shows and even better at the local drag strip. I'm havin alot of fun with it. Lots of quick come backs. Generaly folks love the bike, but I've had a few opposite reactions too. " like why did you do that to a gixxer 750 ?? " hahaha Me - just to fuck with YOU, DUDE !!:D

I had one brother chase me down the off ramp to tell me his kids loved the wheelie, and I don't know what kinda bike that is, but it looks like a pit bull ??? :wtf:

·
Registered
854 Posts
... and I don't know what kinda bike that is, but it looks like a pit bull ??? :wtf:
I get what hes sayin. Streetfighter bikes are the meanest looking bikes on the roads. Junkyard dogs in the midst of poodles and greyhounds.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
I do that if I'm moving across a parking lot... say I gas up for a ride then move my bike over to where everyone else parked...
Mainly because I have to take off my specs to put my helmet on and it's more effort than it's worth to go 20 feet...

Otherwise... I don't know.

·
Urban Guerilla
404 Posts
I do that if I'm moving across a parking lot... say I gas up for a ride then move my bike over to where everyone else parked...
Mainly because I have to take off my specs to put my helmet on and it's more effort than it's worth to go 20 feet...

Otherwise... I don't know.
To paraphrase an old ad: If you have a $40 head you buy a $40 helmet... But if you have a worthless head, the helmet's just for decoration anyway.

·
Registered
854 Posts
the posers around here don't wear their helmets on the top of their head, usually its strapped to the tail. I once saw a guy on a tricked out hayabusa with a Duhamel RSR2 hanging from the tail and nothing on his head. Makes no sense to me, why buy such a nice helmet just to use it as poorly attached cargo?

·
746 Posts
Its clearly for all the chicks they are going to pick up at the usualy all male bike night...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts