Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Everything is simple...
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and by bike, I mean bicycle.

Can you use some parts meant for bicycles, for your fighters? Like cheap mirrors, grips, do-dads, etc?

The reason I'm asking is that I saw a pair of grips at the bike shop and they looked AWESOME!

Link here.

They're $35.00 Canadian.

The Driven Racing D3 grips are $50.00 US.

To the more experienced members... is there any difference?

Thanks in advance.

Sympul

Reactions: oldrider

·
FUCKED UP AND IN FRONT
2,808 Posts
You wont be able to use the grips. If you look at a motorcycle grip, the inside diameter on the right side is bigger for the throttle sleeve.

Other than that, I have seen guys use bike handle bars for their motorcycles among other weird shit.

You can also find knockoff driven grips on ebay for about $15.00 US

·
Everything is simple...
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's good info. I didn't know that the grips were different sizes because of the throttle. I just thought that the bar end was turned down to fit the sleeve. The things you learn!!

Thanks!

Sympul

Reactions: oldrider

·
?????????????
5,471 Posts
Rizoma do motorcycle grips but they are seriously pricey the sportsline ones mush be around $75 without shipping and i have been told that it's difficult to remove them without fookin em up.
They do look really good though but i wouldn't pay that much for grips on my budget. not yet anyway, i would choose a set of their levers, Res pots, and turn signals before i thought of grips :LolLolLolLol:

·
My son Logan - 6/12/10
591 Posts
there you go man...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motorcycle-Custom-Chrome-Aluminum-Hand-Grips-7-8-Red-/290449374231?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43a021bc17#ht_4848wt_941

I have a pair of the Hong Kong specials and they are pretty sweet... its true though about once getting them on... good luck getting them back off... its even a serious bitch to get them on... especially over the plastic throttle tube... I actually had to sand down the throttle tube slightly to make it a little thinner so it would fit... then a little PB break fee and get ready for a good forearm workout...lol..

heres a pic from my build with them on...

Kaz

·
Administrator
50,493 Posts
Thems fookin nice Kaz! wonder if they do a gold colour set?

·
My son Logan - 6/12/10
591 Posts

·
Everything is simple...
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Kaz.

I see from the pic in your last post that there is indeed a difference in interiors on those grips.

thx guys, this was better then learning the hard ($) way.

:shocker:

Sympul

·
My son Logan - 6/12/10
591 Posts
Hey Kaz.

I see from the pic in your last post that there is indeed a difference in interiors on those grips.

thx guys, this was better then learning the hard ($) way.

:shocker:

Sympul
yep...

the bottom one with the bigger hole goes over the throttle tube and the other... well... if you can't figure that out then your totally screwed...lol... :fu:

GL man and post up some pics when you get 'em!

Kaz

1 - 10 of 10 Posts