Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

After doing the ram/KLEEN air mod my bike wont start. The engine swings, but it doesn't start.

The REED valves are connected together. The CC hose is disconnected from the air box and closed with a see-through cloth. I should block off the smaller tubes going to the carbs/FIs according to this thread:
http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56730&page=4

I have tried with and without shorting the sensor:
http://zx6r.com/zx6r/13018-kleen-air-mod-megabytesz.html

I need some help here.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
did you raise your idle?
and why are you going off of how tos on a zx6 when you have a gsxr?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
did you raise your idle?
and why are you going off of how tos on a zx6 when you have a gsxr?
No, I did not raise my idle, only giving it a lil gas while starting. But after reading the big NO from the bugman link, I pretty much lost the interest of doing the mod.

Why am I looking at zx6 info? Bcoz im a newbie and becoz that's what google found for me.

Actually the real problem here is that my bike caps at around 9000 rpms. I have changed spark plugs, fuel pump, cleaned the air filter, changed fuel filter and nothing helped so far (with the fairings). So I was thinking there was not enough air when going high rpms.

I guess I'll just put the PAIR back to stock setting.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
must have done something. check if its getting fuel and spark

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
must have done something. check if its getting fuel and spark
Ok. The fuel pump shoots out gas when the key is turned on (kill switch is already on run).

I pulled out the spark plug cables (cyl 3 and 4) and connected them to spare spark plugs. The spark plugs are touching the frame. When turning over the engine, they don't spark. I also changed the ignition fuse (15w), but it didn't help.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
start tracking down wiring problems.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
start tracking down wiring problems.
Im tracking down wires that goes from the coils; Im just looking for the obvious: loose or damaged wires. Im just replugging connectors coz I don't know anything about the wiring.

Oh btw, on the dashboard it gives an F1 (or FI) code.

I sprayed some carb cleaner in the throttle bodies too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, connector to airbox is plugged in and C21 is gone.

But I get another code now:

C12 - crankshaft position sensor (according to bugman)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Disregard my last post. Just saw you checked fuse. Is your kickstand by any chance unplugged? Or bypassed?

^ I have a lot of problems with my kickstand sensor. Hopefully its that simple for you.
No problems with the kickstand; its not bypassed. The bike is in neutral too. The clutch safety is also not bypassed.

Ok, this is strange, the bike started just now .... I only recharged the battery .... but not all is 100% ok.
1: the throttle butterflies don't or hardly open up when revving 10k+ rmps. Also the bike has difficulties doing high rmps (in neutral).

and 2:
the dealer code displays _C00. The manual says it should be -C00 (4-28 page 177), so not an underscore but a hyphen. Says I need to loosen up the TPS and adjust it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Could be a problem with your stcu? Its the computer that controls your throttlebody on the left side of your subframe. I doubt your tps would all of the sudden need adjusted. I would double check fuses and wiring again.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I think you might be right about the stcu. The butterflies don't even move when the ignition key is turned on.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wooooooooooooow!

A guy on this thread said to just remove the butterflies:
http://www.gsxr.com/showthread.php?t=71779
I removed the butterflies and the bike just .... pulls so freaking hard! I need to get used to this power! Wow, just wow.

Ok, btw, I don't get FI lights when the engine is running. The _c00 is still there, bike starts fine. Actually it even starts faster now.

Can anyone here confirm that there are no mentionable consequences riding without the butterflies?

Man, coming from an SV650, this bike... it DA BEAST!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts