Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
ebaymechanic
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi this is my build first time ive ever done anything as drastic lol worst ive ever done previously was swap the standard handlebars for renthals and drill the holes lol, so this will be more than interesting its gonna take me a good while due to funds :(
heres the baby before my crash in may

·
ebaymechanic
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DAY 3

finished stripping the bike to bare chassis and engine removed who new an air filter housing could be so awkward to remove lol it came out after my engine lol im hoping it will fit in after the engines refitted lol

Attachments

·
ebaymechanic
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DAY 4

my forks are back and they look good i have only 1 worry i sanded what was a fair sized gouge out of the leg which has been there since the day i brought it and there is a hair line crack (pic 3) its not leaking nor has it and i cant get it to leak now when i put all 107kg of my body weight on it lol

should i ne scared

oh and my dust seals are scrap lol amd ive given the legs a quick coat of white high build primer and now i have a colour for the fork legs yolks frame and rear foot peg hangers :) :)

Attachments

·
ebaymechanic
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DAY 5

My new engine casing came so ive cleaned it up and gave a real quick coat of matt engine paint to see what my engine will look like black not bad if i do say so myself lol and i mean the though of how it will look not this feeble attempt lol

Attachments

·
ebaymechanic
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DAY 6

i stripped my sump off while i was changing my side casing and it was real dirty only have a mid clean pic lol but my gloss engine paint arrived so i gave a whirl and OMG im excited im like a child in a sweet shop hehe

Attachments

·
ebaymechanic
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DAY 7&8

Finally got round to doing a bit more :)
[*]refitted my sump
[*]gave my one fork a few more coats of gloss white (cant do both together nowhere to keep second while it dries.)
[*]gave my rear sprocket a polish and laquered (lots of light scratches from when i cleaned it up but overall looks decent)
[*]removed my P.A.I.R system and fitted my blanking plates backwards so once ive painted the engine i can flip them over :) (really thought the studs were gonna snap in the head)
[*]gave my top yoke its first coat of primer then ran out of primer :(
[*]started the arduace task of cleaning my engine with my trusted wire brush slowly slowly

So what do u guys think so far?? comments please :p

p.s any ideas for some nice looking oil coolers with pipes (£200 tops) also need a nice sounding/looking end can/mid pipe but it needs to be road legal in the UK and also needs to be £150 or less

cheers all :)

Attachments

·
ebaymechanic
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FINALLY!!!! an update not much to mention but hey :)

decided to send the yolks off with the rest to be powdercoated and started to spray engine gloss black and coated my forks abit more :)

Attachments

·
ebaymechanic
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
abit more now 3/6 of the way through painting engine.

cam to cam link oil feed pipes arrived
finished replacing cover gaskets

frame/swingarm/wheels/rear peg hangers/ both stands/ swingarm caps and yolks finally at powdercoaters get them back friday hopefully :) :)

also think ie decided on my seatcover just waiting for company to send a sample :)

Attachments

·
Administrator
5,263 Posts
Glad you went with gloss paint on the engine, i was about to say go gloss or satin after the pic of it in matt. Looks great.

It looks like you've moved on, but yes, i would say don't worry too much about that little crack on the fork leg. Keep an eye on it for sure, but i'd think it'd be fine. Keep up the good work!

·
ebaymechanic
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for the kind words mate :)

finally got my second full coat on my engine ok it doesnt look the best but never tried before and its 1 dirty engine lol well not dirty its clean now lol

and also picking up my powdercoating tomorrow

feeling like a dog with 2 cocks :D

·
ebaymechanic
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
and now my engine is in my frame looking fab but forgot to fit airbox in first now it dont fit

how hard is it to fit bigger jets and cone filters and rejet the carbs need to think on this one never touched carbs in my life :D

Attachments

·
ebaymechanic
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
so after much thought and good advice from 4cups i decided the engine had to come back out so tonight it did and the airbox and engine are now refitted :) glad thats over :D

so heres a pic of the engine with the a/box and also some snips of the powdercoating

man oh man am i starting to feel like ive overdone the white :( well to late now hope its different once tank and such is on to break the 'white-wash' lol

Attachments

1 - 20 of 36 Posts