Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
probie
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Thought i start my project thread here.

I'm building my 00 R1 again. This time i'm sharing it with You guys.

You can look at the introductory at the noob center here:
http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107857

Less talk, more pics.

Here is the current situation:

And the monocoque itself in the sun looks like this:

And the closeup:

The to-do list seems endless right now, so i'm not going to post it.
Tomorrow i hopefully get my triple tree from milling and then we can see the stance.

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts

·
probie
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm in...

Is that a cover for a fuel cell or something or is that the tank?
Nope. It is a full unit with no frame. It supports the weight of the rider. The idea is to make separate fuel cell under the monocoque with custom shape and also to get the center of gravity lower. I cut the rear subframe off already, so hopefully i get to start molding the fuel cell this week. I am going to post some pics later.

·
Isn't as dumb as he seems
549 Posts
You're my hero. o_O
But... It looks like you're going to be sitting "on the bike" rather than "in the bike," especially after you add a seat?
That's not criticism at all (nothing wrong with the upright feel), just a question.

·
probie
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You're my hero. o_O
But... It looks like you're going to be sitting "on the bike" rather than "in the bike," especially after you add a seat?
That's not criticism at all (nothing wrong with the upright feel), just a question.
Yeah your right, but that's ok. The monocoque was molded for guys my height (about 190cm) so the seating position feels very good.

Reactions: Underachiever

·
Isn't as dumb as he seems
549 Posts
Yeah your right, but that's ok. The monocoque was molded for guys my height (about 190cm) so the seating position feels very good.
Just wondered, wasn't quite sure if you had plans to move the monoque rearwards or something.
I'm glad you made it the way you did; I think it'll look awesome the way it is.

Do you work with carbon fiber for a living, haha?
Seems like something this extensive (it's sexy and structural) would take the average joe a lot of practice, or a couple of failed attempts.

·
probie
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just came back from milling and unfortunately the part is not yet finished. Hope to get it sometime this week.

Just wondered, wasn't quite sure if you had plans to move the monoque rearwards or something.
I'm glad you made it the way you did; I think it'll look awesome the way it is.

Do you work with carbon fiber for a living, haha?
Seems like something this extensive (it's sexy and structural) would take the average joe a lot of practice, or a couple of failed attempts.
Actually i do. If you want i can post a link where you can read about the making and molding of this monocoque V1.

·
probie
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So i got my trees from milling. Looking good, just needs some minor adjustments for the Koso bed. Also raised the tail about 8 cm.

And this is how it looks.

The front wheel is same size as the rear.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts