Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so most of you have probably seen my ugly as hell subframe with the holes and such in it. well i made an undertail to cover the gaps in the subframe. its all metal(steel and aluminum). well it has some not-so-great looking parts where it doesnt sit exactly perfect from where its hand fabbed and stuff. so my question is "would bondo be a good solution?"
i've never used the stuff, only seen it used. don't know how hard it is to use but i can't imagine it would be hard at all compared to some of the stuff i've done. anyways do you all think it would work well or do you have any other suggestions?

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
im no bondo guru but i like it. i had to grind my tripple tree stops and used bondo to fill the gouges and it still looks good after a year. my bandit tank has 3 dents as deep as baseballs and its been a year and its good. as long as the metal is sanded clean and preferably aircraft stripped to remove any sealer its great. but also being yours is going to beconstantly upside down and going over bumps i cant say. but honestly how hard is it going to be to pull back off. if it takes a couple minutes to remove and if the project fails then sand and repaint bare you wasted an hour. go for it. and cheap walmart bondo works good. but i do mean bondo as in the brand not generic stuff

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
damn that looks like some good work. thanks for the motivation man! and mine isnt going to be as serious as that what-so-ever.

·
Naked from the waste down
1,334 Posts
There are a few different options. Bondo is used for filling. I'd lean toward duraglass or maybe even some metal fillers. They may bond better. Bondo can be pretty brittle sometimes.

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i mean its really small cracks... and well, i guess a little bit of a hunk... but i'm just tryin to fill in the seams to make it look very nice. metal filler or bondo? which one? i'm goin to get it tomorrow probably.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts