Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Urban Guerilla
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've gone and done it. I swung by a parts store and bought a cheapo riceboy exhaust tip and some adapters. It's the resonating type. I am looking around for a used slip-on at a reasonable price, to hack into a shorty can, but even the rashed-up variety ends up going for $80+ and $20 shipping.

So will it fit? Will it look right? More importantly, will it run well (no jet kit) and not sound like shit on a stick? Or will it end up on fleaBay as a failed experiment?

Join us next time...

:wtf:

·
Urban Guerilla
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rdannar said:
were are the teaser pics for next weeks episode.
Sorry, this is a low-budget production! :LolLolLolLol:

Preliminary tests show that... this may be feasible. It's LOUD, but I don't think it's much worse than the D&D cans that I've heard. I want it to be rude and crude, but if turns out to be a little too much for a daily rider, I've made it so that I can swap the stock unit right back in just a few minutes, and I'll move on to the original idea (hacked shorty slip-on).

Right now, just waiting for the muffler mender paste to dry up a little, and I'll finish mounting it. One of the adapters was a good fit, but not perfectly flush, and I'm picky.

Oh, and it looks f'n badass. But the real question is, how well does it run?

Pics and the conclusion...

... In tomorrow's final chapter!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,713 Posts
:LolLolLolLol:

good thread, BUT...

:ttiwwop:

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
Ive seen a build on a site where the guy used a car exhaust tip and it looked bad ass....I just cant remember what site...

·
Urban Guerilla
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
rdannar said:
i like it, If there is anyway for you to post a vid of how it sounds, that would be the balls.
Looks like I can record it with my Razr and save it as a Quicktime file, but I don't remember how to post it on my site (I've done it before, though). I'm sure I can figure it out tomorrow night, I should really be asleep right now, lol.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,713 Posts
fotocycle said:
Looks like I can record it with my Razr and save it as a Quicktime file, but I don't remember how to post it on my site (I've done it before, though). I'm sure I can figure it out tomorrow night, I should really be asleep right now, lol.

sleep?? whats that???

we need a zombie smilie for the late night :pwas: haha.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,713 Posts
haelo said:
That exhaust is absolutely insane
yes. the one dudad posted from aussie sf. that bike is gross. i've read that build thread many a times. its sick. props to that guy. im totally in love with that exhaust system!

:rock:

·
Urban Guerilla
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
haelo said:
You can sleep when you're dead
I've been known to say that more than a few times, especially lately.

Here's a link to a vid that should work, if you have Quicktime

After riding a couple of hundred miles today, I have to say that I think I can live with it, except for a bad spot between 60MPH and about 75MPH, where it reverberates inside the helmet so bad that I feel like getting off the bike and ripping off the pipe, lol. And yes, I wear earplugs - but I usually do anyway.

Otherwise, I love it. At higher speeds, it mellows out very nicely. My friend says it does sound like a D&D, but nicer. It reminds me a little of the MotoGP bikes (with less than half the horsepower :( )

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.