Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, landed a deal on copart... 97 tls... im in NY and its down in NC got a buddy to pick it up for me down in NC hopefully picking it up, well eventually lol got it for 500 bucks. assuming itll run. hope it doesnt have a million and a half miles on it lol anyways a sweet fighter build will be happening soon as long as my dad doesnt make me sell it. but i was curious about options...

forks...

i know you can do gsxr and busa forks... im looking for bolt on with little modding structure wise. and a progressive ride. and cheap.

rear shock

heard about the R1 shock. other options?

steering damper, im going to run straight bars... what damper can i run?

are the stock sprockets a good set up or whats good ratio for a snoty bike but can still cruise hwy speeds with low RPM..

and who has had good luck with head lights. i dont want the ugly bug eye looking head lights, looking for a fz1 style headlight, but all i can find is chinese knock offs...

thanks for the help!

heres pics from the add

all i can see is yoshi rs-3's idk if they are slip on or a full system?

figured some DA wheelied it to far and dumped it, so im hoping everything will be in tack, looks like the bars are broken so ill need to get bars on before i can see if itll start. but it has keys, and by the looks of the damage doesnt look more than cosmetic. little grinding on the clutch cover but ill just get a clear clutch cover anyways

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Buying a bike from an auction can be scary by itself but buying it from a auction 800 miles away can be even scarier. Does it have a title?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont know if it has a title. in NY its not hard to get a new title with a vin and bill of sale. but shit i figured for 500 bucks if i needed to part it out i could make my money back anyways lol well see how it goes. thing that sucks, i kinda wish i looked at prices of parts before i bought it. looking at like 500 for gsxr forks and another 250 for a tail section...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looks like a good start to me. I've rode a few tl's and have awesome tq. I take it your getting prices off egay. You can find stuff a lot cheaper if you dig around. And if I remember right tl's have longer forks than most gsxr's. Might be something to look into before buying forks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
awesome. once i pick up the bike, ill start posting some pics! gotta tear this down and see what i can work with

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I may be coming in possession of a gsxr 1000 front end that will be for sale if it happens. I believe it's a straight swap and you can use your front wheel rotors and all that good shit but I'm not 100%.

Not to mention the tl front if straight will sell for good $$$

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya once i get it im going to see whats selll able and throw it on ebay. do you know by chance, with these rs3 how do you know how short you can chop them? are there any threads on that?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts