Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure where to post this, so figured this would be a good place. Just picked up a 1977 XS750 last nite. So stoked. My first big boy bike! :D

Carb is leaky, tank is rusted, battery is dead, but slapped my old plates on her and rode her home after the sale. Can't wait to get her legal and tear shit up! Woot! :shocker:

Attachments

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
they make great fighters...theres a guy that comes by the shop from time to time... built a fighter without knowing what a fighter was

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not gonna be a project other than general maintenance and getting her up to snuff. Part of the deal with the wife was not to do any mods to it until I've gotten to ride her around for a while first. I'm cool with that. Scored it for a cool grand. 200 under what I would have paid, so I was cool with it. But the best part about the deal was the dude had the genuine yamaha service manual for it! I was pouring over it last nite, and they have every fucking tidbit in that i'd never have imagined. Not that I'll be able to get any of the parts in there (mostly unobtainium), but ill improvise where I can. Fighter for life, right? :knucks:

But once she's happy, and wants to start riding on her own, I still got the 250 waiting in the wings...yes, yes, I do have a master plan...:D

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Good find.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts