Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
You wanna touch it.
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:knucks: Alright,
been with GDC for awhile now and I recognize some of the names over here. I can't believe it took me this long to find this place. Been browsing around and I definetly like what I see. This only solidifies that I NEED to build a streetfighter. I'm open to all opinions except for the ones I don't like:metal: and usually run around with my head up my ass (or so my wife tells me). I got an 87 GSX-R1100 with a 92 750 engine:wtf:. 92 front end and that's about it for mods. It's my daily driver almost year round but I shut er down about a week out of the month to work on her. Here's how she looks as of now.

:knucks:

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
OH GOD!!! PLEASE do something with that tail section

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
welcome to the site! thx for signing up!

SoOoOoo...thats an 11/7 fighter?!

:D

now its time to get serious and stip those ancient fugly fairings off and fighter that baby out. . . .

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,432 Posts
Wutsup
welcome to Custom Fighters

Hopefully you get that thing stripped down nice and good

11/7... well that's just weird

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
Welcom to the site !:Stupid:
Thanks for postin up pics, right off :D
That's a real nice piece to start with !

Like the others said... 11/7 :nuts:

·
You wanna touch it.
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OH GOD!!! PLEASE do something with that tail section
Yes that tail section is a gonner. That's why I'm glad I found this site!:rock:

The previous owner dropped that 7 in the 11 frame and stopped asking myself why a long time ago. I'm looking to upgrade that engine in due time. But I figured to let it all out from the gitgo instead of being called out on it.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
so do you have any plans you wanna share with us??? or is this a top secret misssion??

·
You wanna touch it.
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so do you have any plans you wanna share with us??? or is this a top secret misssion??
:knucks:
Christ no! This is no secret mission. I will be asking for advice all along the way. Long_av8r from gdc is working on one also and he lives right down the street, so at least I'll have some old skool experience on hand.

I was able to pick up a brand new front from flyncycle for real cheap so I'm going to start there.

I'm not diggin the warts that it has for turn signal but I'll see when it get's here. Probably will flush em out.

VFRC sent me this pic and I really like the setup. It keeps the old skool rear seat cover but tightens it up real nice. Not sure who's bike it is but I like it a lot.

As far as the engine goes. Since I won't be racing the TT's on the Isle of man anytime soon there's no reason for a 750 in a beefy frame. 1127 maybe larger - we'll see what santa (aka Iraq) brings for christmas next year.:devil:

·
Welcome to CF.com

We are all about helpful advice on here, so please dont take this any other way as I'm not being critical.

If you havnt actually ordered the twin headlight mini fairing yet, put it on hold till you have read this:

Have you wondered why this unit is so amazingly low price?

Yeah, they look ok in the catalog. I ordered the bling bling chrome version with the black wind shield, but my god, when I received it I soon found out that it was a piece of junk.

The twin bulbs melted the plastic headlight lense, and then failed completely by melting both lamp connectors. Considering they are only 40W each and appear to be a non standard import, this should give you an idea of the quality of the product.

Beside that, its a cheap plastic pressing and is flimsy as shit.

Save your cash and get a quality item. I promise you wont regret it.

All the Best for your project. Sincerely!

·
You wanna touch it.
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dammit Jim - already on it's way. I didn't get it from the website but from another forum. Thank god I didn't pay full price.

Here's to hoping that you got the one and only fucked up one!

Yeah right.:stupid:

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
using he rear seat cowl from the original tail section works pretty nice. I did it on my bike and love it.

mine is a 1987 yamaha fz-700

·
You wanna touch it.
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That is nice. It keeps some of the Ol Skool lines but still looks mod'd.

I'm going to have to start mocking things up and seeing what needs to go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts