Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been searching, but nothing for this specific question. I want to slap together some kind of bracket to mount a license plate, tail light, and blinkers. Since I don't have access to a welder, would something like JB Weld work for this? I just want to use it to get the bracket together, not to mount it to the bike. Would love to get a welder but money, skill, and access to electricity are all an issue. Thanks. :shocker:

·
******* Dumbass
5,796 Posts
Why not use aluminum sheet, bent up make a box? Lay it out in cardboard, define the cuts and holes on a flat sheet, transfer it to a flat aluminum, bend it on a cheap brake (HF has one for cheap) and make it look nice instead of looking like an art project. No welder needed and minimal skill.

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JB Weld is to be used as a last resort.

What about rivets? Small screws and nuts?
Its an only resort in my case. I've done the screws and nuts deal before, I don't want that much hardware involved. Doesn't look clean to me. Rivets tho, might be an idea to look into.

Why not use aluminum sheet, bent up make a box? Lay it out in cardboard, define the cuts and holes on a flat sheet, transfer it to a flat aluminum, bend it on a cheap brake (HF has one for cheap) and make it look nice instead of looking like an art project. No welder needed and minimal skill.
That, I've thot of. Would have to see if I'd have something to bend with. I'll check HF, but don't really have the loot for more equipment. Unless its THAT cheap. Thanks for the ideas, guys! Both sound better than gluing together a puzzle. :thumbsup:

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
i live in the binghamton area. newark valley to be specific. you could ride down and we could make something up with whatever i have laying around. i dont mind welding for you

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, if I ever need serious welding, I know where to turn. Thanks Piester. All in due time. Need to get/build a proper garage, then get it wired to handle a welder. Just bought a house not long ago, and funds are tied up in that right now. But eventually, that's the plan. Gonna be a couple years till then. But my intial plans were to get some scrap metal, and throw something together. Once I got that in my head, it was mainly about how to get it together. Best option seems to bend up some flat stock and just do it all in one piece. Been trying to come up with a battery/electronics mounting option too, and if the tailbracket works, I could make the box that way too. Thanks all for the enlightenment. :shocker:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts