Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
re-tarded
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a ZX14 clutch master for my SV1000 and it came without a reservoir. On the brake side I just have a crappy OEM one, on an 05 GSXR750 master.

Anyone have suggestions on what to pick up? I don't want to spend stupid amounts of money on them but would like something decent.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
not the best shot of it but i used a low profile rear resi with the line run under the bars and it mounted with a longer bolt to the brake perch. seems to keep the fluid fresh longer too. i have much less water absorption now.

heres an older shot

from the front. much cleaner

·
re-tarded
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's a stock rear res or something?

how does it keep the fluid fresh longer?

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts

·
re-tarded
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aren't rear reservoirs usually 3/8" line vs 1/4" for front?

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
the front and rear brake resi uses the same diameter line in this case at least. so much so that when i took the line from the resi to the master off of the front and rear 08 1000 masters that i had that were from the same bike, two of the ends lines up perfectly which points to the fact that it was one piece cut in half to be used on the bike. but depending on what year it was from i suppose that there could be a size difference.

·
re-tarded
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting. I might try that.

The other option would be trying to take apart my stock clutch master and see if I can make the little res (same size as yours I think) fit on the ZX14 clutch master. If it does, I could probably do the same on the brake side. A pair of little reservoirs might look nice.

Sadly, they don't show the reservoir as a removable part but I suspect it's something that's just held in with an O ring in a groove, similar to the intake elbows on many brake masters.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
im actually looking for a clutch master from a zx14 now to replace mine and do the same thing for the resi that i did for the brakes. or possibly a ducati one

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
did you end up getting everything working? i just got a deal on the zx14 master and another one of those resis

·
re-tarded
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haven't done it yet. Had to help a friend replace her Miata radiator on Sunday, plus school shit. Won't happen this coming weekend either, I'm doing the head gaskets on my Subaru.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts