Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ridin Dirty
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am trying to find a front brake cylinder that will work on my drag bars on a kz1000..the stock one is 4" long and hits my gauges.
I have to find one that has a mirror mount, preferably the mount inline with the hand lever pivot point, one that is round or small square resivoir , or maybe one the has a side output for the brake line, so it doesn't hit.. and it has to be 7/8" mount.
any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
3,021 Posts
When I went with superbike bars on my Kz and used dual front calipers I bought a M/C from a Zx11. It has a plug in the mirror mount and a front exit banjo bolt. I think the Zx11 is 5/8" which worked well with the dual brakes. If you still have a single brake look for an earlier Ex500 M/C. It has the same features as the Zx11 but a 14mm bore that should be the same as the stock Kz M/C.

Later, Doug

·
Ridin Dirty
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the input. do you know what year your zx brake was from? I couldn't find one that was like that.
I did see that one for a 1997 buell lightning was really close to what I need. I think it is made by nissin, so I guess all the threading is metric , but I'm gonna keep looking.

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,373 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,021 Posts
Looks like Zx11D ('93-01) models are the ticket for the 5/8" bore. A couple can be found HERE and
HERE.

Later, Doug

1 - 6 of 6 Posts