Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
May be a cannibal?
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to have a longer front brake line due to the dirt bars I have installed. I understand that different lines have different angled ends, but are all the banjo fittings the same size? I was just thinking about grabbing a miscellaneous longer rear line off of ebay (a rear should give me the length I need). Will that work? Galfer will only sell me a complete front system, I only need from the splitter to the master cylinder, not the whole system.

·
407 Posts
ditch that splitter, and the associated rubber lines. just get a new 2 line setup for the front with the correct overage length, you'll appreciate the performance upgrade.

·
Buy all my shit!
6,042 Posts
Vcook said:
ditch that splitter, and the associated rubber lines. just get a new 2 line setup for the front with the correct overage length, you'll appreciate the performance upgrade.
yeah dude.. I got spiegler steel braided lines on mine, both lines go from the master to the calipers. 10x's better feel, and its a direct shot.

·
Wannabe
1,502 Posts
Should be able to grab a cheap rubber line of the appropriate length (front or rear) and install it. Get new crush washers and make sure the banjo bolt isn't damage. I'm 90% certain there is only one size of banjo for MC brake lines. Grabbing one off a car or something might be a problem.

If you're going to be getting SS lines down the road I wouldn't waste the money to get a short front one now that you're just going to replace.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts