Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Welcome to the new day...
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I was looking around and found what I was trying to explain about a cleaner looking and less bulky master cyclinder for brakes.

This is for the rear and it allows the use of adjustable rear sets... That important to you wanting some of my sets. even though mine accept stock.

I figure clean and naked is what we are looking for so maybe we can do the same for the front wth this kit.

Take a look and tell me what you think. You can get these yourself for about 25 buck with shipping I figure.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HRC-BRAKE-KIT...emZ290041173596QQihZ019QQcat#ebayphotohosting

Installed pic

·
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I plan on getting two of them. One for the rear and one to see if its possible to use on the front.

I think I wil try it on my teammates bike on the front 1st though ha ha if it fails..well.......

Just a thought but if i get one adn can copy it off here cheap which I should be able to then I might just include it withe the rear sets so I can have a bit of design freedom on the heel guards....just a thought for now though.

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
that's what I've been running on the rear of my gsxr for 2 years+...it works great...$30 though, wow!! I made mine with a couple hose clamps, some extra brake line, a couple zip ties, and a piece of rubber I cut down with a knife to cap the line!! Oh well, still does the same thing!!! I put it on the front of my gsxr a few months ago, seems to work fine! It still stops great, but the line looks a little funny on the front!

·
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Coll you already road tested it then. So now buy one make a knock off and include in the rear sets. Should not be too hard.

Thats the plan anyway. Front brake - holding a lot of faith in it to make me stop at the end of the straightaway..eeeekkkkk!

·
Registered
249 Posts
endo said:
that's what I've been running on the rear of my gsxr for 2 years+...it works great...$30 though, wow!! I made mine with a couple hose clamps, some extra brake line, a couple zip ties, and a piece of rubber I cut down with a knife to cap the line!! Oh well, still does the same thing!!! I put it on the front of my gsxr a few months ago, seems to work fine! It still stops great, but the line looks a little funny on the front!
could we see a pic of the front mounted one?

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
I'll see if I can get one from somewhere. I don't have any on my pc at the moment, and my bike is ten hours away :(. I'll see what I can do though. I see what you mean though Steve, that'd be a great idea for your rearsets. I was iffy about the front brake too but it's actually quite surprising. We did it to a friend's 89 7/11 first, just to try it and we used clear line and ziptied it to his drag bars...looked really clean. I ran mine up to my fairing stay and zipped it to that

·
?????????????
5,471 Posts
I like a nice tidy Brake resevoir as well i made my rear brake resevoir out of a blue anodized foot peg that cost me £2 in a sale, drilled it out to fit standard brake hose inside and modded the mount to be the end cap with a copper washer with a rubber insert, Jobs a Good Un :D and you can still lock the rear wheel at a ton+

Attachments

·
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dude that foot peg resevoir is insane.. No wonder we are at the top of th food chain. Good shit man!:rock:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
hahah. i have that same footpeg in my garage. nice. now i know what it fits!

:rock:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts