Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, when fitting K&N cone filters, what's best to do with the breather which leads to the top of the rocker cover ???

Simple question I guess but worth asking, Cap it or leave it with just the hose tied to the tank or frame? or add a filter on the end?....

·
Super Moderator
3,047 Posts
You need to add a filter to the end of the hose or even directly on the vent nipple.

Later, Doug

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
you may want to put a catch can instead of a filter. a filter will let it cover everything around it in hot oil mist

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
any photographed examples of a catch and filter set up?... from the rocker cover breather...

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Here is mine.Easy to do.Had a filter on the breather hose prior to this set up.Oil mist could make a mess sometimes,thats why I made this.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks we got there in the end :) But now ran into another prob, fitted cone filters now seems its bogging down at 4k rpm,...I know the carbs need sorting but have no idea on how to go about it???

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well before hand it had stock air filter, and after market gp can and it ran near on perfect, with no rejetting,... btu since the cone filters, well its baaaaad,....thinking about modding the original air box to fit as the area is cramped due to the R1 tail section,....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts