Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Fookin shit up since 86
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bringing the death Machine back to life

My wife has grown fond of calling it that (I'm somewhat crash happy some would say) so I thought it would be fitting. The story on this build is I crashed my bike a few months ago. Ordered a bunch of parts last week and now they are starting to come in.:rock: So with that lets get the party started.

Today:
-Put the clutch perch back together
-Installed new clutch cable
-Put the drag bars on
-Attached the bar end mirrors
-Replaced Liquid/Vapor separator(I have to get tags at the end of the month, but 650 guys feel free to let me know what you did to ditch this can if you can)
-Got the 636 cluster in today the stock one is so over sized. A big thanks to Ray aka kawasakifreak77 for hooking up a good price and stupid fast shipping.
-Worked more on the getting the rear axel nut off (I have put at least 4-5 hours trying to get it off I don't know what the fuck:confused: Maybe I'm just getting soft at my old age who fucking knows)

Yeah...I fucked that one up hahaha

I need to borrow my father in-laws dremel to work up a mount for it. Let me know what you all think of the placement though. I thinkin this or on the tank.

Suggestions, ideas and comments all welcome. I Still have a good amount of parts that haven't come in so until the next wave a shit arrives I bid you all adieu.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Please tell me that you are planning on doing something about the redonkolous rear sets. Other than that it looks like you have a good start so far.

·
Fookin shit up since 86
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I would like to but i lack welding skills hahaha and my woman likes to ride and two-up, when she gets a bike later this year, I will lose those ugly things and most likely change to some kind of solo tail, maybe a bomber haven't really committed to either yet.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
looks like you have a nice base to start with man. good luck. i love that kawi green

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Any reason you are running a 16K tach from a 4 cyl. bike? Is there a way to make that work on your bike?

·
Fookin shit up since 86
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any reason you are running a 16K tach from a 4 cyl. bike? Is there a way to make that work on your bike?
The cluster for the 636 is pretty much a plug and play for the 650. I just need to pick up a speedohealer, and it should work just fine. The main reason for the swap purely aesthetic the stock cluster is big. I'll post a pic with the stock cluster and you can let me know what you think.

Speaking of speedohealers does any one have any idea if the one from moto madness is Any good. It's called a 12 O'Clock Lab SpeedoDRD Speedo Recalibrator. Cheapest one I have found so far. Anyone use one?

·
Fookin shit up since 86
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got some bad news about that bike, to make a long story short I'm gonna have to shop it if you want the long story you can check this thread out http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43921 ...:doh: I'm salesman so I get one really big check a month on top of my guarantee(two shitty checks haha) so it's about about two weeks until I get that check.:( But you know what the say nothing stands in the of progress!

So today starts phase two of my project:
-New Shogun Frame Sliders
-Street Fighters Inc. Spawn headlight unit
-Integrated turn signal/brake light
-Thinking about using this monster can as an overflow...Will it work? Input please and thank you

I don't know how much I'm gonna do today on it...Its my one day off a week and I think I wanna keep any type of work off the docket but we will see, just thought I would keep interested parties up to date:thumbsup:

OH YEAH!

God that white thing is so fucking ugly haha

Will it work?

Just a taste

·
Deviation Creation
302 Posts
I love that headlight, I want!
Nice build so far, I see no reason that the can won't work. It'll look killer on your bike too.

Curious to see how you make out mounting that mask.

Also, cut off those huge fairing mounts in the front... it cleans up the bike nicely, and is easy to boot.

And why did you get frame sliders for a bike with fairing? The "cut" sliders are much stronger, and with no fairings you have nothing to cut!

·
Fookin shit up since 86
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I love that headlight, I want!
Nice build so far, I see no reason that the can won't work. It'll look killer on your bike too.

Curious to see how you make out mounting that mask.

Also, cut off those huge fairing mounts in the front... it cleans up the bike nicely, and is easy to boot.

And why did you get frame sliders for a bike with fairing? The "cut" sliders are much stinger, and with no fairings you have nothing to cut!
I'm also curious on how i'm gonna mount the mask lol a trip to home depot is on the docket tomorrow I'm thinking galvanized pipe clamps, rubber strips, few pieces of steel maybe about 1" x 1" x 1/8"thick somewhere around there and my Dremel should do the trick though:D

And oh yes those mounts are toast for sure, projects are the best to talk the wife into in tools hahaha

As for the frame sliders well I just ordered the no cut ones I didn't even think about it, now I feel kind of like a jack ass, oh well not the stupidest thing I have ever done.
Thanks for the feedback man. Your 650 is coming along quite nicely if you don't mind me sayin.

·
346 Posts
can i ask what kind of mask that is??? im diggin it alot!!!

Reactions: NinjaJohn

·
?????????????
5,471 Posts
Great work on the bike it's looks so much better with most the plastics off, only bad point is the hideous rearsets but thats kawasaki's fault for putting those ugly fuckas on all their bikes lately and thinking they look attractive

·
Fookin shit up since 86
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Fookin shit up since 86
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Great work on the bike it's looks so much better with most the plastics off, only bad point is the hideous rearsets but thats kawasaki's fault for putting those ugly fuckas on all their bikes lately and thinking they look attractive
Yes they do need to go for sure, but my lady likes to ride 2up so I'm not sure what to do... Someone brought it up earlier in the thread, and it got me thinking about it... I was thinking maybe I could weld something to the subframe, but then again with the banana seat I'm not sure it would look any better with how low rear sets would need to be. Ideas anyone?

·
The Glistening Turd
2,983 Posts
Nice direction ya going on it, I to usually not a fan of masks but that one is nice and compact looking.

·
Fookin shit up since 86
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well it was my day off yesterday so I got some work done on the bike. Fucking assholes that I got my frame sliders from didn't send the right bolt, but a quick trip to ace and that problem was solved:D I still haven't talked the ladies old man into coming over a wiring up the head light for me but did figure out the mount. Did finish up the overflow and got the new tail light in and that's where its at right now.

Who does like a lil' 12 o'clock scratches....i tried it at home hahaha

Have to shave the bolts down, but that's is mount.

Like a glove, on the first go round woohoo

·
I Like Kittens
659 Posts
Lookin good so far bro, good to see another kawi on here.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts