Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow thanks ab420, Id like to think my bike captures the true essence of streetfighters, as I feel they are and should be, all go, not for show.
So what do I do now....Post some pictures I guess...
So future plans.....it turns out ive got a local guy whos gonna help me set up a T-25 with the Velocity kit and Turbo Bike Research kit., @ 7psi - 200-230 rwhp, should make this bike a little more fun.:D
allso Im getting the rear subframe recut on a water jet, im gonna include some cool lookin cutouts instead of the holes, im thinking the nuckle duster design,

it started life as a srad 750, but its had a few mods since, the subframe was removed cause it was ugly and I made a subframe out of aluminium 3/8 plate and tig welded it together,

The original seat was stripped of its upolstry and cut down then redone.

The aluminium tail fin is from a ducati monster, the plastic part was 480 canadian but the aluminium peice was 80 bucks so I bought two and made a nose fairing out of one of them, front fender is ducati monster.

I had to replace the oil cooler, because it was damaged, I used a chevy aftermarket, transmission cooler, with braided lines, and anodised fittings, and mounted to the forks under the lights.

The tank was stripped of all its paint, and then emeryclothed for a brushed look, then car waxed, its been out in call kinds of weather and shows no sign of rusting, allso the K2 1000 gas pump was retrofited in to the srad tank, not a easy task.

The motor is a stock 2002 gixer 1000, none of the srad mounts worked with the k2 motor, and adapter plates had to be made for the top mounts, for the rear bottom mount i had to shave 1/8 of a inch off each side of the engine mount on the crank case, the top rear mount had to be removed from the frame then a new mount was fabricated and tigged on

Yoshimura bolt on was cut down to 300mm, and a TRE was fitted,
remaped and giving 142 bhp at the rear wheel @ the dyno, the 1000 dona had only 4000 kilometres on it when i bought it.

Because the srads shorter wheel base and it tends to wheelie on demand, and I was caught off gaurd on my debut ride with rollon wheelie in 3rd at about 60kmph .

The top Tripple Tree was drilled and Bar risers from a Yamaha Virago were mounted, the pull back design worked out great for clearance to the adjusters.

The bars are KX 250 items and wide, just like I like em.

handle bar mirror is a CRG, and dosnt move at any speed its awesome and I really recomend, , all the cables are of standard length and didnt need lengthening apart from the stainless steel front brake lines that I had made up,

Heres what I started with

total cost so far $2400 canadian dollars

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Britjoe said:
Wow thanks ab420
So what do I do now....Post some pictures I guess...
Don't thank me... it was totally random! :LolLolLolLol:

Yea... I forgot to give you guys the details on these threads.. ( I just updated the Semi-Finalist announcement thread)

here's what ya do:

post 3-4 good pics of your bike
a list of modifications done to the bike
if you want, you can write a short history of the bike as well
dyno slips, time slips from drag races, anything like that which might influence people into voting for you... post it up! :rock:

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so did I win, what do I win, and if I didnt why, and hey 2 posts, damn you all hate me and my stupid bike.....:mad:

Reactions: fu_jac

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We have a shop here that you can buy small amounts of surplus metals,(metal Supermarket) I bought a 4ft long 6 inch wide x 3/8 peice of 6030 aluminium $30 canadian. and cut the shapes on my 150 dollar band saw, it takes the weight of my arse fine.

Im just about to get them recut on a water jet for 45 bucks aside, just to make them look nicer, cause there was a evolution on the subframe, that I want to tidy up.

·
205 Posts
man i would love to be able to find a deal like that (under $3k canadian wow i cannot even find a wreacked bike for less than $3k)

mad props on the bike tho and if you ever want to sell it im here
lol

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I guess my original website isnt there anymore, so I thought id post some old and new pictures of my bike, still aint sick of the damn thing and its basicly its the best bike ive owned.

though at the moment I cant ride cause ive busted my left thumb and cant use my clutch gawd damit.

any how,
it all started with a handsome Gixer 1K that wasnt mine

I actually spoke to the guy that crashed the bike and though he was in hospital for a while, he was ok and is still riding and living in BC.
after his misshap

2005 After I bought the bike and started to strip it
I striped the srad sold the parts I didnt need and got to work the first mod was to drill the triples and use a set of virago risers

Oct 2005, I soon relised Id need a new rolling chassis as the frame was tweaked at its head stock

The stock subframe had to go so I fabed up a tempory one out of some 3/8 aluminium

When I got the subrame how I like it I had it lazer cut

The tank was stripped with air craft paint striper then waxed with car wax in the four years iv had the bike it isnt showing any signs of rusting, occaisionly i will remove all the wax with paint thinner and brush the tank with a wire brush
and rewax it.

I used a Ducati Monster tail fin, on the rear, and decided the price is right $80 canadian, to use another fro the front mini fairing to hide some wires and tidy it up a little

The exhaust bracket, needed work, I wasnt totaly happy with it, and I drilled some wholes, in the mini fairing, inspired by the wholes in the fireblade's fairing I really liked., oh I allso decided that it needed something and installed carbon fibre lookin decals that i designed my self by cutting out on plain paper and converting them in to cad format by copying them with a scanner, and tracing the out lines, then sending them to the decal 3m store.

I rode the bike for a while discovng that it wouldnt rev over 9000 RPM
I decided it must be something to do with the induction, I guess it needed the induction tubes, so I went about
cutting the stock ones down.

I still wasnt happy, and the bike wasnt reving like it should so I took the bike by the horns, and used a set of after market induction tubes from a honda Civic AWOOOOWHA it worked, and the bike screams al the way through to red line

SO I tidied the exhaust hanger, and made up a mount that works well, the front induction works well and isnt to everyones taste, but im more about function over form anyhow, and I think it allmost looks like the motorhead logo from the front.....

So its Been four years, its had its ups and downs, a blown motor, finding out I had to remake all the engine mounts,
My bike I guess will never be finished its allways a work in progress, maybe one day ill even paint it, who knows.

Theres additions, the rear sets, the rear brake resivour, I think I stole the idea from here, thanks for the inspiration and making this site available people.

CUstom fighters RoCKs

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Still here, I didnt realise I guess I was the first fighter of the month, changed alot since I got the Honour of that, maybe I should re-enter, :)
Just Kidding, the builds since have just been getting better and better

Reactions: piester and ROBBO

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The Years have flown by, I still have my bike, I havnt rode it much at all this year, I hope your all well, Britjoe

1 - 17 of 17 Posts