Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Never Enough
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I finally did some work on the sv. So I figured I would start a build thread and post some pics of the progress so far. Progress is gonna be really slow until I go back to work as those gay ass responsibilities have to come first :LolLolLolLol:. But so far the race plastics are gone, headlights are on not sure if I am going to keep them or not yet, but they work for now, and I have temporary exhaust thanks to shaneliberty until I can either get it welded on right or get this can here cut down and figure out the best way to turn a bolt on into a slip on.

Plans are to keep the tail that's on the bike as I like the sv tail and its an
03 so it has a higher angle than any other year sv. Next on the list is the dirty bar conversion, remove dents from the tank, replace tail plastics, new tail light, and this winter I am going to disassemble the whole thing and repaint it. Not sure who painted it last but they were lazy with the prep work and there is no clear coat on it at all so it has to all be redone. Hopefully more updates to come soon.

·
UnicycleMode
7,578 Posts
Sounds like you got a hell of a solid plan going there! It's looking pretty good just having the plastics off it and the dual round lamps in front. Looks as though you need some seat work and a little cleanup for now and it would look damn nice as it is.

For the pipe you can always swing into a local muffler shop and see if they would fab up a slip fit and weld it in so you can use that muffler as a slipon system. Probably be fairly reasonable in price too.

-Rat

·
I love lamps
4,113 Posts
badass !!

i wish i had kept the SV and threw dirty bars on it. oooh well.

can't wait to see how it turns out!

·
Never Enough
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys I have a whole new set of tail plastics for it sitting here but they are blue and I don't have anny pof the screw for them so I am waiting until I get them painted and get all the correct bolts and screws together. The tail thats on there is missing about 4 pieces and the whole thing is zip tied on. Taiden I didn't even know that you used to have an sv and I can't wait until I get the dirty bars on. these clip ons are killing me right now. I have plans to take it to an exhaust shop but I am waiting until I get this d&d can cut down and fix the hanger on it before I spend the money on it.

·
I love lamps
4,113 Posts
here's a pic of mine
I let it go for $2650... dont shoot me, that's how the market is around here

Reactions: oldrider

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts
Looks like good work & sounds like a good plan too. Who needs money when you got some skills! Good luck with it & keep posting pics please? :rock:

·
Never Enough
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you and pics are a must around here :LolLolLolLol:
and Taiden that is exactly what mine looked like a long time ago when it was stock. But I ain't mad at ya I only paid 1300 for mine.

·
I love lamps
4,113 Posts
thank you and pics are a must around here :LolLolLolLol:
and Taiden that is exactly what mine looked like a long time ago when it was stock. But I ain't mad at ya I only paid 1300 for mine.
was yours burning copper?

i haven't found a bike color I like more than the 03 burning copper.

photos do not do it justice

·
I love lamps
4,113 Posts
LOL!

there was one other person in a parking lot with over 100 parking spaces

it was a thursday morning

it was 40 degrees out at a boat launch

no one was going to use that space while I took 30 seconds to snap photos and then leave

·
Never Enough
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah it was the burning copper color. I am kind of pissed that the guy painted everything black. you can still see it on the tail plastics in spots where he didn't even remove the factory paint before he rattle canned it.

·
I love lamps
4,113 Posts
dude

rattle canning a burning copper sv is the dumbest thing you can do

you can do color trades on the sv sites with burning copper for like $500 iirc

·
Never Enough
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah I know I'm not sure if I am gonna try to go back to it yet or not though because of the frame being painted red. It needs to be repainted too but the pazzo levers it has are red too. That's my biggest dilemma right now is deciding what colors to do on it.

·
I love lamps
4,113 Posts
I wonder if you can lightly sand off the black paint and get it down to the orange... and then rattle can clear coat it? then wet sand?

and paint the frame black

burning copper on a black frame is like... sex on a plane. LOL

who cares about red levers... burning copper > red any day

·
Never Enough
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
good point but the paint is definitely beyond saving there is a lot of scratches from where the PO was learning how to ride and dropped the bike taking the black and the copper paint with it. The kid had no clue what he was doing or how to do anything. he sanded down the sub frame and left it bare metal, then told me he couldn't figure out why it was rusting :doh:. Luckily though the bike is in great shape mechanically other than it needed a new rear tire and it still needs new rear brake pads

·
Everything is simple...
1,328 Posts
Nice catch with the Bike. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

The two of you totally disgust me. I spent +$4500 on my SV, and it had 42000 km's on it. It was damn near impossible to find something running in the SV family that wasn't +$4000.

So in conclusion, you both suck.
:LolLolLolLol:

Sympul

·
The Black Arm-y
2,477 Posts
If SV's came with USDS I never would have sold my 04 1000s in Silver. Sexy frames and tails, but the front end is awfui, from the suspension to the giant fairing. Yours looks like it is coming along though, good luck.

·
Never Enough
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks mcblacken. I agree I'm not too much of a fan of the front end but gonna try to do something about that maybe over the winter just not sure exactly what yet.

·
Bazinga!
2,604 Posts
$4000!!!!!! wow. i paid $800 for mine. granted, it was missing a ton of stuff but it all would have gotten stripped or swapped anyway. most sv's around me are $3000 or less. unless modded the hell out. you all got crazy prices on bikes up there.

gonna follow your build polecat. look at the bright side, now you can paint whatever scheme you want and not have to worry about ruining the burnt orange.

Reactions: Fathead_03
1 - 20 of 38 Posts