Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a set of 36mm cv carbs on my Gsxr 1100.Im currently running 160 main jets and they are too big,3/4 throttle bogging and popping exhaust on deceleration.
I'm thinking of dropping down to 135s or 140s and was wondering what size jets do you guys run in your oil boilers?
I've completely rebuilt these carbs.
Cleaned
2nd clip top needle
2 1/4 turn air jet
32.5 pilot
14.6 floats
160 mains

·
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well,I put in the 135s and it cleaned up very nicely.
Now it has slight hesitations pulling from 6k up.I think I need to drop a clip on the needle and fatten it up a bit....the joys of having pods!

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Also (I'm definitely no whiz at this). but you maybe dropped a bit much. Perhaps something between 140 and 150 might be your sweet spot.

·
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is a huge change.I put the 160s in so leaned it out a bit on the needle.it was way to huge.they were dynojet mains,I changed to 135 mikunis which are equal to about a dj144.
Needles raised and it's working spot on now.pulls hard everywhere.

·
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is where I'm at now and it's working great
3rd clip from top needle
2 1/2 turns
14mm float height
32.5 pilots
135 main jet

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
This is where I'm at now and it's working great

3rd clip from top needle

2 1/2 turns

14mm float height

32.5 pilots

135 main jet

It's important to note when you're using DJ jets as opposed to OEM Mikuni. For reference, pods on a b12 will put you in the 140-150 Mikuni range depending on which header you're running.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm using the 135 mikunis and it is pulling hard everywhere with no hiccups.Its a 1216 motor,ported head,dyna ignition/coils/wires,yosh duplex header with short hindle can,k&n pods and 36cvs.
When I built the motor it seemed like the 160 dynojets would fit well with that motor.My last motor was somewhat the same with 38cvs and I had 155djs in that.
I tried 160djs and fouled plugs badly,tried 142.5 mikunis next and was still bogging 3/4 throttle and up with new plugs.
I was surprised when I tried the 135 mikunis and they pretty much cleared up instantly,after changing a clip lower on the needles it pulls clean and hard all through the rev range?They seem small to me for what I've got done to the motor but they work?
Thanks for the replies

1 - 9 of 9 Posts