Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Buell remap, Hardmode (with review)

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  CK 187 
#1 ·
As a few of you may know i have a 07 buell xb12s

I have a few mild mods but i kept reading about the remap, i had the cash so i figured i would give it try.

Now of course it wouldn't just flash right out of the fucking box for me but whatever does? the firmware that ECMspy provided was the incorrect firmware for my bike. so after some googling and reading around i had remembered that xb9fighter did something like this. So i got ahold of him and we exchanged phone numbers.

Eventually I figured out i had to do it the fucking hard way.. Hardmode remap.

see every fucking value? i had to see the front and rear by hand and i read that bad shit would happen if i was off. Well i finished up at 5AM (worked on it for like 6 hours) and i took it out. the issue at acceleration seemed to fix the issue of the bike popping out the intake on acceleration.

Well it rained for 3 days and i had made plans with someone, i was running late like normal so i run out to the garage as i am still gearing up and i start my bike.. The fact that it started different (the starter like paused for a split second) should of been my reminder but nope. I fired up that twin cylinder succubus and she sat there doing her potato potato potato chant.

Fuck.. i forgot my wallet, back inside i run pushing the reminder that i had just 3 days before remaped this bike potently making a pretty reasonable fun motorcycle and dumping a bottle of hot sauce down a daemon's throat.

I come jogging back down open the door shut off the light and slam the door. Finally i am pointed the right way kick the bike down into 1st and being down the street.. hrm.. that was pretty quick.. well the air is thick... so down the road i go, i make my left and i open it up a bit on the street.

Now i would like to tell you guys that my motorcycle just wanted to wave hi to all of the people on the sidewalks but i dont think that would be very honest.. The rear hunched down and the front tire shot up into the air as from the bottom of the bike i hear BLAAAAAAAAAT.. It was so loud i watched a man about in his late 40s put his hands over his ears..

Now i remember what is going on but. i have The exploited playing in my ears and after what just happen i was too high on life to let off. I make a hard right shift into 2nd and HELLO RED LINE, i grab a hand full of clutch smack the bike into 3rd as i am merging.. I like to merge at about 75MPH

Out of the corner of my eye i see two guys in a honda civic with the widows down jump as my 1200cc long as your arm wheel based motorcycle goes roaring past them. Out of the corner of my eye i can see the passenger jump.. almost like "whoa what the fuck was that"

I look down and i am doing 104MPH.. well this is abnormal.. normally the bike is struggling right around this point.. So to my left i see the civic and the driver has a huge grin on his face and he makes a motion with his hand for me to slow down. we both begin to slow down and he yells over the normal played out question i always receive on this motorcycle "HEY BRO IS THAT A DUCATI?" i was not about to have a convo going 45MPH down the interstate so in my tinted visor helmet i just shake my head yes

Then he yells "40 MILE ROLL ON BRO" now if it wouldn't of been for the internet i would of had no idea what he was saying.. I really knew in my head that his was a bad idea but my left wrist just grabbed some clutch i shifted down, flicked the RPMs to match and let the clutch flop out.. GROAAARHHHH comes from under the bike as i nod to him.

Beeep.. i hear his horn go and i being to hunch down.. i shift myself into 1st gear BEEP i hear his horn again... BEEEEEP at the very second i hear that horn beep i wack the throttle open and i feel the front rise up... it never does this to me. I think to myself "what the fuck am i leaning back to far!?" in my surprise i can see the civic nose up and i think to myself "i am not going to get beat by that fucking jap commuter"

understanding my buell if i do not have it in the bag by 4th.. shes out of breath and i am out of luck.. So I grab the clutch mid air kick up to 2nd and the nose stays in the air.. by now its starting to set down.. i am reaching 100 and i grab the clutch hit 3rd and the rear just hunches down and takes the fuck off.

I ride it until 130mph or so. the civic stayed pretty close but i cold hear the blow off valve from the turbo so i could expect him to nip at my heals..

traffic beings to pick up and he pulls up and him and the driver both have huge smiles on their faces. we exchange thumbs up signs and i being to doge in and out of traffic.

it can all be summed up by :D

I plan to do the chain mod so i can -1 +2 the bike seems to run out of steam at 130 but.. 5th has so much more to go... I hope that will change things.

I also plan to pop in a K&N air filter and come up with an exhaust that has zero restriction.

for 30.00? oh my fuck this is value :party-smiley:

See less See more
#3 ·
cool story bro, you got time to quote it again for the class?

buells are the shit. wish i had one with a shovel head in it

#6 ·
i hope you all enjoyed my story, i could of done a boring write up but whats the fun in that?

I rode it today and shes a whole new animal. I think after i regear her its going to take the mild mannered lady and turn her into the fire breathing daemon i want to ride but then do not want to ride as i commute on this bike and its going to feel like its tearing out my arms now haha.

look for more write ups from me if you dudes did enjoy it :)

#8 ·
look for more write ups from me if you dudes did enjoy it :)
Was good, needs more pics of cool bikes and less of boring spreadsheets.

Reactions: Shmitterton
#10 ·
As a few of you may know i have a 07 buell xb12s

I have a few mild mods but i kept reading about the remap, i had the cash so i figured i would give it try.

Now of course it wouldn't just flash right out of the fucking box for me but whatever does? the firmware that ECMspy provided was the incorrect firmware for my bike. so after some googling and reading around i had remembered that xb9fighter did something like this. So i got ahold of him and we exchanged phone numbers.

Eventually I figured out i had to do it the fucking hard way.. Hardmode remap.

see every fucking value? i had to see the front and rear by hand and i read that bad shit would happen if i was off. Well i finished up at 5AM (worked on it for like 6 hours) and i took it out. the issue at acceleration seemed to fix the issue of the bike popping out the intake on acceleration.

Well it rained for 3 days and i had made plans with someone, i was running late like normal so i run out to the garage as i am still gearing up and i start my bike.. The fact that it started different (the starter like paused for a split second) should of been my reminder but nope. I fired up that twin cylinder succubus and she sat there doing her potato potato potato chant.

Fuck.. i forgot my wallet, back inside i run pushing the reminder that i had just 3 days before remaped this bike potently making a pretty reasonable fun motorcycle and dumping a bottle of hot sauce down a daemon's throat.

I come jogging back down open the door shut off the light and slam the door. Finally i am pointed the right way kick the bike down into 1st and being down the street.. hrm.. that was pretty quick.. well the air is thick... so down the road i go, i make my left and i open it up a bit on the street.

Now i would like to tell you guys that my motorcycle just wanted to wave hi to all of the people on the sidewalks but i dont think that would be very honest.. The rear hunched down and the front tire shot up into the air as from the bottom of the bike i hear BLAAAAAAAAAT.. It was so loud i watched a man about in his late 40s put his hands over his ears..

Now i remember what is going on but. i have The exploited playing in my ears and after what just happen i was too high on life to let off. I make a hard right shift into 2nd and HELLO RED LINE, i grab a hand full of clutch smack the bike into 3rd as i am merging.. I like to merge at about 75MPH

Out of the corner of my eye i see two guys in a honda civic with the widows down jump as my 1200cc long as your arm wheel based motorcycle goes roaring past them. Out of the corner of my eye i can see the passenger jump.. almost like "whoa what the fuck was that"

I look down and i am doing 104MPH.. well this is abnormal.. normally the bike is struggling right around this point.. So to my left i see the civic and the driver has a huge grin on his face and he makes a motion with his hand for me to slow down. we both begin to slow down and he yells over the normal played out question i always receive on this motorcycle "HEY BRO IS THAT A DUCATI?" i was not about to have a convo going 45MPH down the interstate so in my tinted visor helmet i just shake my head yes

Then he yells "40 MILE ROLL ON BRO" now if it wouldn't of been for the internet i would of had no idea what he was saying.. I really knew in my head that his was a bad idea but my left wrist just grabbed some clutch i shifted down, flicked the RPMs to match and let the clutch flop out.. GROAAARHHHH comes from under the bike as i nod to him.

Beeep.. i hear his horn go and i being to hunch down.. i shift myself into 1st gear BEEP i hear his horn again... BEEEEEP at the very second i hear that horn beep i wack the throttle open and i feel the front rise up... it never does this to me. I think to myself "what the fuck am i leaning back to far!?" in my surprise i can see the civic nose up and i think to myself "i am not going to get beat by that fucking jap commuter"

understanding my buell if i do not have it in the bag by 4th.. shes out of breath and i am out of luck.. So I grab the clutch mid air kick up to 2nd and the nose stays in the air.. by now its starting to set down.. i am reaching 100 and i grab the clutch hit 3rd and the rear just hunches down and takes the fuck off.

I ride it until 130mph or so. the civic stayed pretty close but i cold hear the blow off valve from the turbo so i could expect him to nip at my heals..

traffic beings to pick up and he pulls up and him and the driver both have huge smiles on their faces. we exchange thumbs up signs and i being to doge in and out of traffic.

it can all be summed up by :D

I plan to do the chain mod so i can -1 +2 the bike seems to run out of steam at 130 but.. 5th has so much more to go... I hope that will change things.

I also plan to pop in a K&N air filter and come up with an exhaust that has zero restriction.

for 30.00? oh my fuck this is value :party-smiley:
gorgeous storyline! i know its an old thread but damn... i was expecting you to either marry a playboy bunny, end up in the slam or have a catastrophic failure.. glad it was the first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.